European away games ticketing policy

Just a thought...but if multi billion pound city cant afford the extra staff to dish out tickets....i am absolutely certain that there would be loads of blues willing to volunteer to help out to make up the numbers up - chairmans secretaries, treasuries from the branches im sure would be willing to take a lead. This wasnt just a glasgow queuing problem - it has happened elsewhere. I would be more than willing to do a stint (and before anyone asks ive got enough points to get my tik first day of sales). The current system is a joke and needs rectifying urgently!

Why should City have to look for Volunteers to make life easier for their inconvenienced fans.
I am sure there are others like you who would willingly give up their their time, and I applaud you.
But it's not down to you, you pay enough .
It's down to City to sort.

Funny how those on high points inconvenienced by queueing are calling those on middle points who've managed to get tickets when otherwise they wouldn't selfish. I'm sorry you've been inconvenienced so that I can get a ticket I'm entitled to ahead of those on lower points who used to get them before this system was introduced. That's not to say it shouldn't be implemented more slickly along the lines someone posted a couple of pages ago so people don't have to queue for ridiculous amounts of time. Another way of reducing queues would be to allow tour operators other than the official ones (Spike for example) take responsibility for handing out tickets on flights. Wristbands should also be scrapped; they don't add anything so it would save time if they didn't bother. The option of allowing proof of travel to be used in Manchester as a means for some to collect in Manchester should also be looked at.
Fully agree.

Why should City have to look for Volunteers to make life easier for their inconvenienced fans.
I am sure there are others like you who would willingly give up their their time, and I applaud you.
But it's not down to you, you pay enough .
It's down to City to sort.

Yep ur right...but the thread is about the policy and solutions.
i tongue in cheek profer this.......and agree my solution is not the best...but at least better its a better solution than what city are currently doing.
I absolutely agree...city should sort this...id rather be in the pub than being a volunteer...but it needs sorting.

if the jcl's would have gone to the shit games years ago they too would have high points and would be nowhere near this thread.
I'd hardly call people with 12k to 13k points JLCs and they are now getting the opportunity of European aways as opposed to the JLCs who have been getting passed on tickets.I've no problems with the people who buy the tickets actually going to the games, all City have to do is solve the balls up they're making of implementing the system and that's the tricky bit.

I'd hardly call people with 12k to 13k points JLCs and they are now getting the opportunity of European aways as opposed to the JLCs who have been getting passed on tickets.I've no problems with the people who buy the tickets actually going to the games, all City have to do is solve the balls up they're making of implementing the system and that's the tricky bit.
Fully agree.

if the jcl's would have gone to the shit games years ago they too would have high points and would be nowhere near this thread.
Am I right in thinking that you were all for this introduction when announced, and that it would benefit people who are on the mid point criteria ?

Appreciate this viewpoint has been done to death already. I've got my own suspicions about why this has been brought in and they're more to do with controlling fans and possibly for commercial gain (getting more people to book on official trips) as opposed to stopping "points whores". The latter is, IMO, the only positive to all this but I think it's no more than an unintended positive.

The independent non-points whore travellers are the biggest loser in all this and there are far more of those than unintended beneficiaries. Surely it's possible to tweak things so that nobody is inconvenienced to the extent we saw in Glasgow - there have been some good suggestions on here.

Of course, there's also another situation looming and it concerns Gladbach away and the issue of free train travel across a certain area on production of your match ticket. What's the betting that City haven't even considered this factor? As such, when I return from my holiday next week I'm going to e-mail Lisa Eaton and raise the issue with her.

Appreciate this viewpoint has been done to death already. I've got my own suspicions about why this has been brought in and they're more to do with controlling fans and possibly for commercial gain (getting more people to book on official trips) as opposed to stopping "points whores". The latter is, IMO, the only positive to all this but I think it's no more than an unintended positive.

The independent non-points whore travellers are the biggest loser in all this and there are far more of those than unintended beneficiaries. Surely it's possible to tweak things so that nobody is inconvenienced to the extent we saw in Glasgow - there have been some good suggestions on here.

Of course, there's also another situation looming and it concerns Gladbach away and the issue of free train travel across a certain area on production of your match ticket. What's the betting that City haven't even considered this factor? As such, when I return from my holiday next week I'm going to e-mail Lisa Eaton and raise the issue with her.
A post on another thread mentions Lisa was not aware of the free travel, however she is now. Not sure how true. I do feel for the fans who have booked in Dussledorf but the tickets surely must only be collect in the city of the game. Again another form of control keeping all the fans in one place

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.