Which result disappointed you the most

Maine road massacre always pissed me off

Was a bit of a lad in them days and like a few others worked the doors at city (all voluntary but got away tickets and the odd perks) I was the twat that let the scum fans on the pitch at the north stand was all begging to be let out screaming Hillsborough and I've got kids with me (knew a few from my boozer so took pity)
Regretted it as soon as all the mard ****s started giving it large past the maine stand

Will haunt me till the day I die

When United beat us 4:3 at Old Trafford with Michael Owen scoring in the 7th minute of added time.

I'd been shouting abuse at the ref since the 4th minute of added time, perplexed at why he hadn't blown his whistle.

It wasn't long after the take over and I was overly keen on sticking it to United. I realise now that Rome wasn't built in a day.

When an unmarked Owen received the ball I knew our number was up. I completely lost it. My wife, who had known me less than a year, was appalled at the bile that spewed out of me that day.

When United beat us 4:3 at Old Trafford with Michael Owen scoring in the 7th minute of added time.

I'd been shouting abuse at the ref since the 4th minute of added time, perplexed at why he hadn't blown his whistle.

It wasn't long after the take over and I was overly keen on sticking it to United. I realise now that Rome wasn't built in a day.

When an unmarked Owen received the ball I knew our number was up. I completely lost it. My wife, who had known me less than a year, was appalled at the bile that spewed out of me that day.

I found the ginger ones winning goal more annoying. We had the ball then 5 seconds later we have been beaten!

Having said that when Vassell missed the pen under Pearce when we hadn't scored for months I went fucking ballistic.

Losing 1-2 at home to fucking QPR in May 2012. I left with about 5 minutes to go because I just knew I wouldn't be able to handle the disappointment. I jumped in a black cab home, tanned a full bottle of whiskey and sobbed myself to sleep like a right mard arsed twat. Never watched a game since. Fucking City, I swear to God...

This is almost an unanswerable question for anyone who has followed us for 40+ years. Year after year after year of turning up, full of blind faith,hope and eternal optimism, only to have it repeatedly crushed into the cold rain swept pavements of Moss Side, Halifax, Shrewsbury and countless other mocking unforgiving towns and Cities of the UK. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, we couldn't sink any lower....we often did....all accompanied by a backdrop of gloating, goading, mocking red and white shites as their soulless club picked up trophy after trophy.

We were so shell shocked and numb we almost masochistically thrived in our misery, in our awfulness, in our unique ability to cock up seemingly unassailable positions, like 3-0 up home to Bournemouth at half time to end up drawing 3-3. So....I could almost say there were so many over the years most have been forgotten as each ''Worst result ever!'' was superseded by the next one.

I haven't read the thread, so I'm sure these have mostly been mentioned

Spurs FA Cup 4-2 Maine Road
West Ham FA Cup 2-1 home
United lost 3-2 Maine Road
QPR 2-2 Maine Road
Sporting Lisbon Europa League home
Liverpool 2-2 Maine Road
Chelsea and Tottenham this season
Boro 1-1 home
Wigan at Wembley
The Stockport games were low points as well

The Hamburg game in the UEFA Cup, and the 4-3 at Old Trafford with the Fergie Time winner are up there, too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.