Are Sane, Sterling, Jesus, Stones going to be as good as Kompany, Toure, Aguero?

You know just because the papers say Aguero is getting worse, wants to leave, doesn't get on with Pep, doesn't like Iheanacho, had a homoerotic hotel night with Messi, is moving to Real Madrid- it doesn't mean any of those things are true. I fully expect him to be here next season and to be as good as ever.

To answer the thread title though, no- they're going to be better. The next time we win the title it will be with a better team than the generation that Kompany led to victory in 2012. This club has never had a Sané or a Sterling, and we're better equipped than ever to bring new players in.

If you look to the future the likes of Stones, Sane, Sterling and Jesus will all get too old an eventually die.

Who will replace them Marvin?

Interesting you should say that about mentality as I feel it's a couple of the older lags who seem to have issues in games our two erstwhile left backs spring to mind
Yes and even in our first game versus Napoli we missed a load of chances, which had we taken them would have changed the group. I think our forwards haven't fired enough either.

when you win something you become a hero no player has ever won a league so sweetly as 93:20 and been able to see the faces of their biggest rivals. Only winning the champs league will ever come close, can we do that , i believe we can so my answer is yes they will

The question I always ask myself of Stonesy isn't whether he's gonna be as good as Kompers, but whether he is gonna be as good as Dave Ewing. He might just make it with the right kind of coaching from Gladiola, but if he falls short he can always try to emulate Bill Leivers.

The question I always ask myself of Stonesy isn't whether he's gonna be as good as Kompers, but whether he is gonna be as good as Dave Ewing. He might just make it with the right kind of coaching from Gladiola, but if he falls short he can always try to emulate Bill Leivers.
Who the fuck is Dave Ewing; is he one of the EDS/Academy lads?

Depends how you're going to measure it.

It could be argued that the old guard have underachieved. We've done poorly in Europe and never won a league title convincingly.

We've never looked like retaining a title, which is probably a bigger mental test than winning it.

That team will be legendary and contained some of the best players of their generation, but i think this current generation will achieve more in the long run.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.