Rate this season

A season to write off. However, we haven't slipped outside the top 4 in the past 6 seasons? And it looks like we won't do that now either. Chelsea has done that twice. The rags have done that too. Everyone expect Arsenal and us. And it looks like it's finally Arsenal's time.

That's a good sign. And if this summer we get some top class young defenders, midfielders and perhaps bring in 1 top class forward. And Ederson at Gk. We will be so much stronger. And will have gone through an unnecessarily long transition period (because of some bad signings), without dropping out of CL.

5/10
Regressed in virtually every competition.
Arguably MP had a better season last term than Pep despite summer investment.

This season promised so much, the expectation was high, but I feel kinda deflated.
People keep saying this player or that player is not a Pep type player, what is a Pep type player, does a Pep type player even exist or have we all been caught up in all the hype.
We've seen no natural progression of youth through our system.
We played a weakened team against United in the cup, a no no in my eyes.
We may or may not limp over the line for a top 4 finish.
Constantly played players out of position, then dropped players who have hit a bit of form.
We surrendered against Monacco despite having a 2 goal advantage.
We were un-fortunate yesterday, bad decisions again,
I've witnessed some dire performances this season Leicester & Everton spring to mind, some of the tippy tappy football bores me to death.
So based on the above I've got to say it's a 4/10 season for me, would of killed for a season like this pre takeover but I now expect a lot more.

Considering the hype, track record and the book, 1/10 absolute diabolical. You may not have the players, but there are some crackers there. Play to their potential, don't ask plumbers to be rocket scientists ffs. What a crock of absolute shit. Would you give him $200M to play with, on top of what he's already spent, and the disruption he's caused to some great great pro's. Clichy, Sagna aside, they are beyond comment, jeez.

Last edited:
There really is some bollox written on here. Missed chances and poor refereeing have been the major issues. 2 missed pens v Everton, KDB hits the bar from 3 yards v Chelsea, we fail to close it out v Boro, the missed push on Sterling v Spuds. There are an extra 10 points that we probably would have had. Only one team can win any league or trophy and without some luck then it probably won't be your team wherever you are. And that's without the appalling refereeing this last weekend.

We will probably never have the Barcelona, Real or Bayern level of superiority in the PL, it's just too competitive for that.
7.5/10 for me but if all those opportunities above had been taken probably a 9-as I guess it would have been for many on here.

I think yesterday's result was probably City's most disappointing of the season, it was your one genuine chance for silverware and the team didn't really do itself justice. There has been some reactionary bullshit spouted on here borne out of deep frustration which is understandable.
However, there are clear reasons for optimism and a good summer transfer window (which is a must) will have City as the team to beat next season.
I think your season has been one of frustration more than anything, glimpses of brilliance but too much frailty to perform consistently all season. I think the Liverpool result yesterday will ensure City make top 4, if the players respond in the right manner to defeat yesterday they'll get 3rd place.
I would say B- overall, I can see what Pep is starting to build, but City have to be right in the challenge for the title next year all season long. Anything less would be unacceptable.

Done well, we have had plenty of games this season when we have dominated and been playing fantastic football. Pep cant score the goals himself, that is at the players door step. Injuries at key times, diabolical ref decisions and some bad luck have cost us dearly. It happens in football unfortunately.

Pep is playing with half a team in most games. Very naive to think he could get another season out of Clichy, Navas and so forth.
Most of our starting 11 every week has about 4/5 players who wont be here next season, I can't help but think that this isn't having an impact on their performance.

I will judge Pep once we have cleared out half of this team and he can rebuild it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.