£48

paulchapo said:
I always thought £35 was the top ceiling i would pay to watch 90 minutes of football,Semi finals and cup finals excepted of course.

Although i love City to death and have supported them since 1968 and it still hurts like hell when we lose,i am not as blindly fanatical as i was when i was younger.Then i would follow them every chance i got,often risking life and limb in the process.Anyone who thinks that statement is ott,a chat with someone around in the 70's and 80's will put them straight.

I have retained my season ticket/card for years,even though my job means i miss a lot of home games.So by that basis i am probably paying £50 and upwards a game.

If i was being asked to pay £48 and upwards for a single game and i was not a season ticket holder i might think twice,even if we had Messi playing.Why?It is just a principle thing.I just hate my loyalty being exploited and this feels a little that way,despite the usual good football.There is a recession on and the budget is tight as well.Somehow,i don't know why,it just doesn't feel the 'City way.'

I know i will get panned by some,quoting the improvement in the quality of football,facilities etcetera and i do understand that viewpoint, i really do.It is just the way i feel.To me £48 for a home league game is the first footstep on the slippery slope to losing our soul and identity.

Completely agree with you on this mate and especially so with your last paragraph
" It is just the way i feel.To me £48 for a home league game is the first footstep on the slippery slope to losing our soul and identity."

greenfingers said:
paulchapo said:
I always thought £35 was the top ceiling i would pay to watch 90 minutes of football,Semi finals and cup finals excepted of course.

Although i love City to death and have supported them since 1968 and it still hurts like hell when we lose,i am not as blindly fanatical as i was when i was younger.Then i would follow them every chance i got,often risking life and limb in the process.Anyone who thinks that statement is ott,a chat with someone around in the 70's and 80's will put them straight.

I have retained my season ticket/card for years,even though my job means i miss a lot of home games.So by that basis i am probably paying £50 and upwards a game.

If i was being asked to pay £48 and upwards for a single game and i was not a season ticket holder i might think twice,even if we had Messi playing.Why?It is just a principle thing.I just hate my loyalty being exploited and this feels a little that way,despite the usual good football.There is a recession on and the budget is tight as well.Somehow,i don't know why,it just doesn't feel the 'City way.'

I know i will get panned by some,quoting the improvement in the quality of football,facilities etcetera and i do understand that viewpoint, i really do.It is just the way i feel.To me £48 for a home league game is the first footstep on the slippery slope to losing our soul and identity.

Completely agree with you on this mate and especially so with your last paragraph
" It is just the way i feel.To me £48 for a home league game is the first footstep on the slippery slope to losing our soul and identity."

So having cheap tickets is part of our soul and identity

Get a grip

BoyBlue_1985 said:
[So having cheap tickets is part of our soul and identity

Get a grip

Actually it is yes.We were always known and proud of the fact that we provided good affordable match prices for our fans,usually the best in whatever league we were competing in.That is part of our history and soul.

Almost £50 for a home ticket is too much in my opinion.Considering a lot of people struggle to clear £200 a week in wages,it is a quarter of their weekly wage,before you add on travel costs etcetera.

So suddenly the fans who could afford to watch the dirge we used to serve up disguised as football for countless years,at windswept grounds and mocked by all and sundry in the process,now are told,''Tough!We have a better product now,if you can't afford it someone with more money will happily pay!''

It stinks and it isn't the City way.Or it wasn't....

paulchapo said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
[So having cheap tickets is part of our soul and identity

Get a grip

Actually it is yes.We were always known and proud of the fact that we provided good affordable match prices for our fans,usually the best in whatever league we were competing in.That is part of our history and soul.

Almost £50 for a home ticket is too much in my opinion.Considering a lot of people struggle to clear £200 a week in wages,it is a quarter of their weekly wage,before you add on travel costs etcetera.

So suddenly the fans who could afford to watch the dirge we used to serve up disguised as football for countless years,at windswept grounds and mocked by all and sundry in the process,now are told,''Tough!We have a better product now,if you can't afford it someone with more money will happily pay!''

It stinks and it isn't the City way.Or it wasn't....

The price of football tickets is disgusting and has been for a few years now. I used to be proud that City didn't seem to follow suit with their prices. Our season ticket prices are still reasonable but matchday tickets are as much of a rip off as most clubs now. If I didn't have a season ticket, I wouldn't bother at all. I begrudgingly pay it at away games although have sacked off the London ones as they're too expensive. The other thing that pisses me off is having different category pricing. I'm pretty sure Fulham at home was £26 cheapest ticket and it's £48 for United. How can that be right?

It is the slippery slope.Where does the line get drawn?Fans crowing now about,''Tough,we have better footballers now and play the game better,you have to pay more!'' should take heed.One day they may be on the outside looking in too.

paulchapo said:
It is the slippery slope.Where does the line get drawn?Fans crowing now about,''Tough,we have better footballers now and play the game better,you have to pay more!'' should take heed.One day they may be on the outside looking in too.

It's taking the piss out of football fans' loyalty. They know that we'll cut back in other areas to pay for our tickets. Well, a lot of us are at the stage where we can't cut it back anymore. If we weren't as good as we are, do you think City would be charging £48 to get in and we'd get 47k crowds every week?

One good thing about being succesful is that we are almost always on TV especially when we play away. That for me is enough reason for me not to bother with aways. I only did Blackburn this year which wasnt a TV game.

I get as much enjoyment out of seeing us win sat in my armchair as I do watching live at the match.

I do the home games as I still feel ST is decent value.If I didnt have one I wouldnt pay £48 ever so wouldnt bother going.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
The one good thing about being succesful is that we are almost always on TV especially when we play away. That for me is enough reason for me not to bother with aways. I only did Blackburn this year which wasnt a TV game.

I get as much enjoyment out of seeing us win sat in my armchair as I do watching live at the match.

I do the home games as I still feel ST is decent value.If I didnt have one I wouldnt pay £48 ever so wouldnt bother going.

I understan what you're saying but I can't stand watching it on TV. Nothing comes close to being there but we are getting to the stage now where if Arsenal away is on Sky as it was, how can you justifyspending well over £100 to go to to the match when you can watch it at home for next to nothing? I just don't have that sort of money unfortunately. Consequently, it was sacked off and I watched it in the pub with my missus and stayed out all day, still spending less.

For me nothing beats being there live.I detest it when i am working and miss games,often i have already paid for with my season ticket.Sure i can snatch a few minutes if it is live on tv and yes i get the same buzz when we win but i would rather be there.

I blame Platini and his hated fair play shite! We are the richest club in the world and if it wasn't for having to fulfil this criteria i am sure it would be a tenner a game!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.