£48

cheddar404 said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
The one good thing about being succesful is that we are almost always on TV especially when we play away. That for me is enough reason for me not to bother with aways. I only did Blackburn this year which wasnt a TV game.

I get as much enjoyment out of seeing us win sat in my armchair as I do watching live at the match.

I do the home games as I still feel ST is decent value.If I didnt have one I wouldnt pay £48 ever so wouldnt bother going.

I understan what you're saying but I can't stand watching it on TV. Nothing comes close to being there but we are getting to the stage now where if Arsenal away is on Sky as it was, how can you justifyspending well over £100 to go to to the match when you can watch it at home for next to nothing? I just don't have that sort of money unfortunately. Consequently, it was sacked off and I watched it in the pub with my missus and stayed out all day, still spending less.

Dont get me wrong I enjoy the home games I go to but it doesnt bother me in the slightest that I dont go away. To be honest I dont have the time spare either as have other things to do at the weekend and spending hours on a motorway when I spend all week driving is not something that appeals.

I like the concept of going to the fridge, extracting can,sitting down with 30 seconds to kickoff, watching it then doing something else.

I think going to the match is habit for some people. I have been going home games for 35 years. I miss the odd one now due to work etc and it doesnt really bother me but I still enjoy going.

When I was 15-25 the match was everything to me both home and away.Not anymore.

[I like the concept of going to the fridge, extracting can,sitting down with 30 seconds to kickoff, watching it then doing something else.

I think going to the match is habit for some people. I have been going home games for 35 years. I miss the odd one now due to work etc and it doesnt really bother me but I still enjoy going.

This.When i am on holiday in Tenerife it is great to walk into a bar in shorts and flip flops,grab a beer and roar the lads on watching on a large screen.If other blues are there and we get a sing song going it is almost like being there.

When you are a youngster the match is everything.As you get older it still means everything but all the travel,hassle and cost going away,taking a whole day out of your precious free time can become a bind.

paulchapo said:
[I like the concept of going to the fridge, extracting can,sitting down with 30 seconds to kickoff, watching it then doing something else.

This.When i am on holiday in Tenerife it is great to walk into a bar in shorts and flip flops,grab a beer and roar the lads on watching on a large screen.If other blues are there and we get a sing song going it is almost like being there.

When you are a youngster the match is everything.As you get older it still means everything but all the travel,hassle and cost going away,taking a whole day out of your precious free time can become a bind.

This is the key bit for me.

I get 20 days holidays a year. It makes me smile when I see these iteneries saying fly to Porto on a Sunday and Fly back on a Friday...5 days holiday to see one game! I dont think so.

My 18 year son thinks £48 is fair but until recently he didnt pay! He also has no bills to pay, no car, no mortgage and no commintments at all!

paulchapo said:

This is the key bit for me.

I get 20 days holidays a year. It makes me smile when I see these iteneries saying fly to Porto on a Sunday and Fly back on a Friday...5 days holiday to see one game! I dont think so.

My 18 year son thinks £48 is fair but until recently he didnt pay! He also has no bills to pay, no car, no mortgage and no commintments at all![/quote]

sounds like a right lazy tw@t - get him in the army/navy/airforce or have him adopted.

paulchapo said:
For me nothing beats being there live.I detest it when i am working and miss games,often i have already paid for with my season ticket.Sure i can snatch a few minutes if it is live on tv and yes i get the same buzz when we win but i would rather be there.

I blame Platini and his hated fair play shite! We are the richest club in the world and if it wasn't for having to fulfil this criteria i am sure it would be a tenner a game![/quote]

Your just having a laugh now, lol<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:34 pm --<br /><br />
cheddar404 said:
paulchapo said:
It is the slippery slope.Where does the line get drawn?Fans crowing now about,''Tough,we have better footballers now and play the game better,you have to pay more!'' should take heed.One day they may be on the outside looking in too.

It's taking the piss out of football fans' loyalty. They know that we'll cut back in other areas to pay for our tickets. Well, a lot of us are at the stage where we can't cut it back anymore. If we weren't as good as we are, do you think City would be charging £48 to get in and we'd get 47k crowds every week?

No of course they wouldnt but then they wouldnt of outlayed £500 million have an annual wage bill of £100 odd million, we wouldnt be 2nd fighting for the title and it most certainly would be 37 years. You cant have it both ways, the club has to be a viable business. We are STILL one of the cheapest tickets in the game for a club that sells most games out at least. The season tickets are still cheap, they dont control the away ticket price but due to being good we are placed in category A instead of J for Joke team.
Its not great but the club is a business and too many jokers have tried to run the team into the ground. Im sure they would love to charge you 50p a ticket if they could. Maybe have a word with GMP and ask how the boys in blue love there overtime for policing these matches to see where a large amount of ticket money goes

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Maybe have a word with GMP and ask how the boys in blue love there overtime for policing these matches to see where a large amount of ticket money goes

Straight to the top of my "scratching around for any bullshit comedy reasons to justify ripping off loyal fans" excuse.

Now I just have to decide whether it goes in the 'reason for spouting it' sub folder a) "it makes me feel nouveau riche", b) "I'm alright, Jack, c) "I haven't enough life experience to be able to appreciate the situation of others" d) "I haven't got any feeling for the essence of this club whatsoever" or e) "it somehow fits in with how I'd like to see myself, as some sort of entrepreneurial rider of market forces".

Either way, it is right near the top of comedy excuses.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Maybe have a word with GMP and ask how the boys in blue love there overtime for policing these matches to see where a large amount of ticket money goes

Straight to the top of my "scratching around for any bullshit comedy reasons to justify ripping off loyal fans" excuse.

Now I just have to decide whether it goes in the 'reason for spouting it' sub folder a) "it makes me feel nouveau riche", b) "I'm alright, Jack, c) "I haven't enough life experience to be able to appreciate the situation of others" d) "I haven't got any feeling for the essence of this club whatsoever" or e) "it somehow fits in with how I'd like to see myself, as some sort of entrepreneurial rider of market forces".

Either way, it is right near the top of comedy excuses.

Maybe i was wrong with that but it will be one reason, i also listed other reasons but feel free to pick out parts and form a nonsense argument from somewhere

a)no idea what your on about
b)i am alright but i feel for others
c)hahahaha
d)your a bit of a jockey
e)Yeah that one i just dont get

Dont porget to keep writing long winded nonsense posts JMA they do help me go to sleep

What is it about this anyone can't understand?

You pay for what you get in life. You wouldn't expect to pay £80 for a couple of big mac meals, the same applies to getting a meal for two at san carlo's for a tenner.

If you can't afford to pay, then that's what sky, the pub or streams are for.

glen quagmire said:

You pay for what you get in life. You wouldn't expect to pay £80 for a couple of big mac meals, the same applies to getting a meal for two at san carlo's for a tenner.

No glen stop JMA is giving me a life lesson, i feel you may benefit from it as well

BoyBlue_1985 said:
glen quagmire said:

No glen stop JMA is giving me a life lesson, i feel you may benefit from it as well

The only lesson this chump gives me, is how to catch 40 winks with his long boring, ramblings of a dullard....Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.