13 yr old Karamoko Dembele

The rags had one they brought over from Australia about 8 years ago when he was 9 or 10 moved the whole family over his name was Rain Davis looked a world beater....he didn't develop as thought and by the time he was 16 he levelled off....he now plays for Altrincham...be very careful of hyping youngsters as 99 times out of 100 they don't or can't live up to it

The rags had one they brought over from Australia about 8 years ago when he was 9 or 10 moved the whole family over his name was Rain Davis looked a world beater....he didn't develop as thought and by the time he was 16 he levelled off....he now plays for Altrincham...be very careful of hyping youngsters as 99 times out of 100 they don't or can't live up to it
I was going to post about this one actually. There was some right fucking hype about him at the time, which I always thought was a shame for the lad.

One way to ensure the media didn't make a fuss about him would have been for Celtic not to play him in an U-20s game. A ridiculous decision by the person responsible for making it.
Exactly right even if they felt 100% the kid was ready for that level it should have been kept under raps, with behind closed doors games and training with older lads....it smacks of a bit of a publicity stunt to me on Celtics part why they would do it I don't know...but it isn't fair on the kid as the pressure on him has now gone up tenfold

I was going to post about this one actually. There was some right fucking hype about him at the time, which I always thought was a shame for the lad.
The hype around him was ridiculous and it just didn't happen for the kid...he didn't develop physically and eventually was being over taken by younger players and once that happens in academy football it's game over

If I wanted to keep hold of him, I'd start by keeping quiet about him and letting him develop without a big fuss.

I thought the decision to play him was ridiculous and Rogers agrees. He said it more diplomatically though.

Trying to keep him hidden is impossible though, but I agree this was possibly the worst way ever if that's what they were after.

He may fizzle out or remain diminutive meaning he can't cope. I have no illusions over the fact if he does progress, then he will be snaffled by a rich club.

He does look special though.

Celtic's 13-year-old playmaker Karamoko Dembele has been named in Scotland's Under-16s Victory Shield squad.

The youngster made headlines this month when he made his debut for the Scottish champions' development team.

Dembele, who also qualifies for England and Ivory Coast, played nine minutes against Hearts Under-20s.

Scotland face Northern Ireland, Wales and Republic of Ireland at the Oriam centre, near Edinburgh, from 30 October until 4 November.

Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers had vowed to shield the playmaker from media coverage.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37709237

Nice to see that they're letting him develop quietly without the spotlight on him... Not. This kid is going to be another Islam Feruz.

Just looked up Islam Feruz on Wikipedia.

Christ, looking at his career to date he's a jinx!

Just looked up Islam Feruz on Wikipedia.

Christ, looking at his career to date he's a jinx!
Not long turned 21 and already a journeyman footballer, sad.

Love this quote from Wiki (while on loan at Blackpool) 'Following a 4–0 defeat against Brentford, Feruz tweeted that "This team take more kick-offs than corners". He returned to Chelsea shortly afterwards, having only played a total of 16 minutes whilst on loan'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.