1894 Group - the summer and beyond

The chances are that the "old folk hugging" have been "true fans" a lot longer than most flag waving juveniles !

Maybe they have been going city some time, good on them,like myself since 1977.

The guys that take the telescopic flags waving the club badge with pride are of all ages, some young some older blues. The young blues that do take a flag to wave I say good on you for enjoying the game the way you like.

The point is a large percentage of us wish to improve the atmosphere and make the best stadium in the country a very intimidating one for teams playing against us. What the club shows on the big screens in no way does this at all.

Last edited:
Agree 100%.....Manchester and the City has a tradition of song writing and unique and clever originality so why we haven't got a load of witty uptempo songs is beyond me... and if Zabs leaves and Vinny and Ageuro get injured again we really are going to be struggling for songs...
That's the thing. Every five years or so most of the songs we make up become obsolete as players leave and we're left with the same old "City" songs. We really need to get some new "City" songs or "Manchester" songs or "Manchester City" songs. Player ones are all well and good while they can last, we need some chants that will remain with us for decades to come about the club though.

That's the thing. Every five years or so most of the songs we make up become obsolete as players leave and we're left with the same old "City" songs. We really need to get some new "City" songs or "Manchester" songs or "Manchester City" songs. Player ones are all well and good while they can last, we need some chants that will remain with us for decades to come about the club though.

I agree, some sings about the club that can go on for years, also that no other clubs sing to... Some of the other fan groups sing songs that make you cringe, let's be original.

That is why best team in the land and all the world is good , just needs to carry on longer.

Oh when the blues go marching in might be widely used in england but when we keep it going for 10minute spells at some home games it has sounded good.. Never felt more like singing the blues sounds good, but some fans dispute over it being irrelevant at times or just another anti rags song. Can't doubt though when carried on for 10 mins it sounds good. I was at Leicester away when we got it echoing round the stadium and one game this year when we carried it on at home for five or so minutes after the game had finished !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.