19 | Julian Alvarez - 2023/24

Where I'm going?

You suggested Alvarez runs about and tries, whereas Jesus didn't. I pointed out that Pep said exactly the opposite numerous times, and I don't think I've ever seen Jesus described as not trying at City. Nothing to do with whether City sold him.

If you do want to bring that up, Pep didn't want to sell him, and City offered him a new contract to try to encourage him to stay.

No don’t read me wrong, I’m not arguing or trying to here, sorry if you’ve read it like that

He was only gonna sit on bench at best anyway

Your post was daft. Isak isn't coming here to sit on the bench behind Haaland. Give the lad a break, he's had three years of non-stop football - and won everything in that period - but is currently going through a lean spell. Its nothing more than that. Pep loves the lad and deserves support, not being slagged off.
A retort , well done , not daft just factual he has been poor this season , i havent slagged him off i have given my opinion , and when i am at the match he gets my full support as do all the players wearing our shirt , and why would izak sit on the bench when Alavarez has not all season. If Alvarez can play in the same side as Haaland quite sure Izak could as well.

A retort , well done , not daft just factual he has been poor this season , i havent slagged him off i have given my opinion , and when i am at the match he gets my full support as do all the players wearing our shirt , and why would izak sit on the bench when Alavarez has not all season. If Alvarez can play in the same side as Haaland quite sure Izak could as well.

I don't think Isak is as versatile as Alvarez, not sure if he can play the deeper role that Julian does for us, aided by his incredible work rate. I don't think Isak would offer that.

Obviously, Isak is class but I just don't see him at City. Just an opinion.

Anyway, I didn't expect the gif to cause such a response. Apologies if it pissed you off.

I don't think Isak is as versatile as Alvarez, not sure if he can play the deeper role that Julian does for us, aided by his incredible work rate. I don't think Isak would offer that.

Obviously, Isak is class but I just don't see him at City. Just an opinion.

Anyway, I didn't expect the gif to cause such a response. Apologies if it pissed you off.
Just been sent a few Dipper gif's and loving them , Alvarez has played a lot of football and i know its not wise to criticise Pep but starting him in nearly every game this season is a puzzle , he is a good player and for me on a par with Jesus for workrate etc., but he has lost his spark , similar to Jack who has only recently started to look the player from last season. Hope Alvarez is saving his best for the next dozen games.

Think Alvarez may play v Chelsea but would be surprised if he started against Real.

I got the feeling of a great player upfront if you had a lead and 10 minutes to go.

Maybe a bit harsh as a quality player in there, but not quite happening for him.

The decline is unreal

He’s never going to be good enough for city. He’s an average player at best

The decline is unreal

He’s never going to be good enough for city. He’s an average player at best
Bullshit. On average he gets 0,83 goal or assists per 90. Close to one per game. One of very few players in the squad that can contribute with goals even if he’s not playing well. Been out of form lately, but so has many others

Bullshit. On average he gets 0,83 goal or assists per 90. Close to one per game. One of very few players in the squad that can contribute with goals even if he’s not playing well. Been out of form lately, but so has many others
Sorry he’s been very poor

The team was tired, so its not totally fair to assess his performance with everyone around him jogging.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.