2016/17 Home Kit Blue Shorts are back

When the survey asked in which order you liked the three, I had away 1st, third kit as 2nd and home most disliked
And when asked to comment on the third kit, I said the reason this was not the most disliked is for the sole reason our home kit is our identity and this season's is not a City kit

What I wish I had written is that the players on Wednesday when putting on the orange kit, must have been thinking "what on earth have they given us to wear"
The kit should fill a player with pride and make him/her feel good and that orange kit surely doesn't!
My bin man likes his :+)

It was strange that in the survey they only put a photo of the shirt but the question was what do you think of the kit. I don't actually mind the home shirt as a one off I can live with it. But the blue shorts are an assault on the eyes and our history / identity :-)
It wasn't strange at all bud... Clearly hiding the blue shorts to influence results of opinion.

I indicated my disliking of all three kits. Primary reason for home being blue shorts, the away being another Nike template, and the third being a kit it seems for the younger generation.

I also highlighted that the shirts don't seem for casual fans, but more for athletes which is why they don't last long.
Hey if you're running to and from the stadium to beat the traffic wearing the shirt is a great idea just don't wash it on a regular basis as it will disintegrate

I also said I didn't like all 3 - why use non-city colours? why have blue shorts? why use stock nike template? why use the rainbow vomit?

I said once that Barca have played in halves, stripes, hoops, red and blue shorts etc. and all i got back was 'oh thats Barca, still identified as Barca'. I'm damned whatever i say it appears.

some are making this argument that the other teams have never been messed with.

Inter had a black shirt with pinstripes once, United had a red/white/white for European games one season, manufacturers change things to what they think will sell and make them money. They arent bothered if they need to mix things around.

So your argument is "Other teams have fucked about with their kits, so it's alright for us"?

Barca have changed their kit, but it is a few times in their history – otherwise it is claret and blue stripes! To dismiss off-hand the comment "oh that's Barca" is over simplifying the statement too. Barca's colours are unique to them, they are unmistakeable – unfortunately, ours aren't, there are half a dozen sky-blue teams in Europe, some with more European pedigree... strangely though, those teams never seem to fuck about with their kits!
Also, the argument that the rags wear white socks it poor too... as they ALWAYS wear the same kit, most fans probably think their wearing white socks is to avoid a clash, but a minor change for European competion I could live with if they honoured our traditions.

I am, and always will be a skyblue shirt, white short fan – but I just want a consistent, identifiable strip. If the club now decided that sky blue socks, white shorts are the strip – fine, I have no problem with that if they stick with it!

So your argument is "Other teams have fucked about with their kits, so it's alright for us"?

Barca have changed their kit, but it is a few times in their history – otherwise it is claret and blue stripes! To dismiss off-hand the comment "oh that's Barca" is over simplifying the statement too. Barca's colours are unique to them, they are unmistakeable – unfortunately, ours aren't, there are half a dozen sky-blue teams in Europe, some with more European pedigree... strangely though, those teams never seem to fuck about with their kits!

Can't really think of any other big teams in Europe that wear sky blue apart from Lazio and Napoli? Back here it's only Coventry who wear it.

It was strange that in the survey they only put a photo of the shirt but the question was what do you think of the kit. I don't actually mind the home shirt as a one off I can live with it. But the blue shorts are an assault on the eyes and our history / identity :-)

Fair enough but I really dislike the blue sleeves on the home shirt, you just have to ask why?.....

The thing that pisses me off about our home kit is that the blue on the shirt and shorts aren't even the same shade. The kit looks literally like it been put together out of the lost property bin.

The thing that pisses me off about our home kit is that the blue on the shirt and shorts aren't even the same shade. The kit looks literally like it been put together out of the lost property bin.
13zsh6v.jpg

Fair enough but I really dislike the blue sleeves on the home shirt, you just have to ask why?.....

Don't get me wrong mate, I'd sooner not have dark blue sleeves on the home kit! But if you look at the image below, with white shorts it still looks like a City kit. Not the best one ever, but City nonetheless. As soon as I see Sky blue shirts and sky blue shorts I just think of Coventry, not Manchester City to me whatsoever.

1495lyf.jpg

Can't really think of any other big teams in Europe that wear sky blue apart from Lazio and Napoli? Back here it's only Coventry who wear it.

Napoli, Lazio, Malmo, Celta Vigo, Coventry and Us... off top of my head! Point is, that Sky Blue isn't exclusively our colour, not to such a degree that looking at our strip instantly makes you think "that's City"!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.