2017/18 Checkatrade(EFL) Trophy (15/08 v Rotherham)

Some of the League clubs were not happy last season with the U21 teams playing in this....the likes of Fleetwood priced there game against Blackburn U21s as a normal fixture to ensure a low gate for example no one wants to pay £20 to watch Blackburns U21s...Luton fielded a team of more or less Youth players in one of their fixtures defeating the object of what was trying to be achieved...so there will be resistance to it again....but The Premier League have put I think £1million pounds into the competition to allow this to happen over the next 3 seasons

I don't think City will play any players in this competition who are around the 1st team unless that player is coming back from injury

And I wouldn't expect a full 1st team from any of the League teams either they will likely use the group games to give fringe players game time and will only look to put out a strong side when it gets to the knock out stages

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.