21 | Sergio Gomez - 2023/24

Very solid performance today, with a lot of heart. Solid at the back, active offensively, makes runs, has a fantastic cross, and is technically brilliant. I thought he looked great in any of his cameos this season, and I really don't understand why we are not using him more in a LW/RW role. There were times when both Jack and Jeremy were out, or we needed someone for RW. I would love to see him more in a City shirt.

Bobb overtook him in the "winger pecking order" & as a LB it seems he`s behind Gvardiol,Ake,Akanji & perhaps even Lewis...i don`t know why the player or his management (still Pere?) didn`t push for a loan move (LaLiga) in this window...he won`t get many minutes in the 2nd half of the season

Bobb overtook him in the "winger pecking order" & as a LB it seems he`s behind Gvardiol,Ake,Akanji & perhaps even Lewis...i don`t know why the player or his management (still Pere?) didn`t push for a loan move (LaLiga) in this window...he won`t get many minutes in the 2nd half of the season
I'd keep him around this window at least. Very versatile.

Don’t understand why Gvardiol got that place on the left. Especially in those games where we dominate and create crosses.
He is obviously not comfortable in higher positions.
Sergio would own the pitch there

In terms of cover he is decent enough but at his age he should be playing regular football.
Given the way the FA Cup draw has unfolded and is quite likely to go, he might not start another game this season, unless we put FC Copenhagen to bed in the first round or we win the league at a canter and have dead rubbers in May. He's only a few months younger than Foden but has played 15 minutes of League football this season, compared to Foden's 1,609.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.