21 | Sergio Gomez - 2023/24

What was the score when he was putting his shirt on? I thought it was 1-4 at that point and then they scored. Guardiola likes that cushion.
That's exactly what happened. He was getting ready at 1-4 in the 85th minute, and then, they scored. We introduced Bernardo around the 90th minute instead.

I recognise that Pep likes the 3-goal cushion, but with 10 or so minutes to go, we could have put him on regardless. I don't see where he plays at that rate because from now on, we can expect big CL games coming up (hopefully), so it will be hard to be up by 3 goals even at home against Luton or Wolves with a heavily rotated team focusing on the big CL ties. I don't think he will start any game either.

That's exactly what happened. He was getting ready at 1-4 in the 85th minute, and then, they scored. We introduced Bernardo around the 90th minute instead.

I recognise that Pep likes the 3-goal cushion, but with 10 or so minutes to go, we could have put him on regardless. I don't see where he plays at that rate because from now on, we can expect big CL games coming up (hopefully), so it will be hard to be up by 3 goals even at home against Luton or Wolves with a heavily rotated team focusing on the big CL ties. I don't think he will start any game either.
Agreed. There are not going to be the free games we enjoyed last season, so he’s down to minutes here and there, which is probably why he was getting stripped in the first place.

Agreed. There are not going to be the free games we enjoyed last season, so he’s down to minutes here and there, which is probably why he was getting stripped in the first place.
At this rate, he will be lucky to get 50% of the game time he got last season. Surely, he is off in the summer.

Making my posting debut to share my thoughts on the lad.

I really rate him, and feel really sorry for him. The way he has been treated this season doesn't sit well with me.

There were reports that he was open to a move/loan in January, but Pep convinced him to stay. If that is the case then I hope he wasn't misled and was fully aware he would only be emergency cover.

As much as it pains me to say it, I've come to accept that City isn't the club where he will shine. Ultimately, he's an attacking midfielder not a defender, and is therefore surplus to requirement.

I just hope he does that same as Cole Palmer, and finds a decent club where he gets more opportunities and can really make the most of them.

I really rate him, and feel really sorry for him. The way he has been treated this season doesn't sit well with me.

There were reports that he was open to a move/loan in January, but Pep convinced him to stay. If that is the case then I hope he wasn't misled and was fully aware he would only be emergency cover.

As much as it pains me to say it, I've come to accept that City isn't the club where he will shine. Ultimately, he's an attacking midfielder not a defender, and is therefore surplus to requirement.

I just hope he does that same as Cole Palmer, and finds a decent club where he gets more opportunities and can really make the most of them.

He is similar age as Foden even playing against him in U-17 World Cup Final.

He deserve more playing time and sadly you right he need to move out to other club where his talent can be apreciate more.

Welcome to the forum. Sadly, Sergio doesn't get the backing from the City fans either. He was 21 when he joined us and very highly rated as a teenager, so you would think people would support him more. When the LB didn't happen for him, he was quickly discarded despite being a promising and versatile attacking midfielder. If he was from the academy and English, he would have been treated better. As it stands, most people don't care. I hope these rumours about him not being allowed to leave are not true because otherwise, it's just not right. Don't see him getting more than 60mins of football in the next 2 months...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.