31 Years Ago Today Full Members Cup Final At Wembley

Went down on a coach with Donald Francis. Late leaving town, stopped off in Walsall for a few then for some unknown reason stopped at Scratchwood services. Only got in the ground just as the teams were about to kick off. We missed the shenanagins before the match although after the match was also interesting. Never forget Donald telling all to close the curtains on the coach, get our heads down, let's get out of London safely but let's do the fuckers back in Manchester

Got a ticket in my 9th birthday card and was ecstatic at the thought of going to Wembley. Went down in a minibus my dad and all his brothers had hired, there were about 20 of us including myself and cousins who were kids rammed into an 8-10 seater! Haha!
The main thing I remember about the day was after being dragged out by my dad when 5-1 down we went to a petrol station up the road and it nearly kicking off after somebody shouted over "unlucky today lads" when they were filling up. My dad and his brothers were going mental until they found out we'd scored 3 late goals! None of us had any idea!

I was 14 and went to the Derby the day before with our kid who used to take me to our games back then, I remember us joining in with "are United going to Wembley, are they f**k..." and getting a draw at the dump spurred him on to tap my mum up and take me down to Wembley on the rattler. As soon as we arrived down there and for the duration of the walk to our end it was just constant running battles with Chelsea's idiots and the police getting attacked left right and centre (not much fun for a young whippersnapper on his first trip to Wembley). Once inside the ground, my biggest memory is seeing one buffoon (I think he had an orange jumper on but it was 31 years ago!) walking on his own from the Chelsea end across our seats in the hope of getting into the bottom corner of our standing enclosure to no doubt claim he had "took our end". Although God loves a trier, needless to say he didn't quite make it and was given a nice warm welcome before he crossed the threshold!

I was 15 and went both OT and Wembley. My cousins husband drove us down in I think a Ford Granada.

We actually ended up at one point after a stop following the team coach on the way back.

Went on mini bus from Warrington remember not far from stadium outside a pub full of Chelsea the bus got kicked to fuck I remember a good friend of mine hanging out of the window like a windmill twatting anything that came near was so funny mark Warburton was his name no longer with us miss him, left early at 5 1 didn't know score till our token Chelsea fan who was with us came back.dropped mini bus off in the dark so they couldn't see all the dents. Those were the days.

My sister won a pair of tickets, on a "City scratchcard" and so me and my Dad had them.

We had a meal with the team (memory tells me it was the team, but might have just been people from the club) in the hotel beforehand and then drinks afterwards. The coach home was brilliant! Mars-bars had sponsored something and there were boxes of chocolate being passed about the coach. Most of the blokes were "too tired from the free bar" to be bothered about chocolate and so it was passed to me as the only kid on the coach.

I must have had 3 months supply of the stuff. It was the only good bit to remember of another defeat at Wembley, apart from my favourite player, Paul Simpson, cementing his legend status in my eyes, by giving us a glimmer of hope...........

Not seen the goals since I went all those years ago. Left early in the morning from a pub after a full English washed down with a couple of pints on top of a couple I might have had after the derby.

Went on mini bus from Warrington remember not far from stadium outside a pub full of Chelsea the bus got kicked to fuck I remember a good friend of mine hanging out of the window like a windmill twatting anything that came near was so funny mark Warburton was his name no longer with us miss him, left early at 5 1 didn't know score till our token Chelsea fan who was with us came back.dropped mini bus off in the dark so they couldn't see all the dents. Those were the days.

We went on one from Warrington and thought it was going to get tipped over!

There were Chelsea everywhere that day. Heavily outnumbered.

I was there that day and what a game.If we`d had another 5 minutes left on the clock we would have drawn that game.We finally woke up after 80 minutes after being 5-1 down.
Lots of fighting on the concourse in our blocks after being heavily out-numbered by all types of London fans that day.We were in the car and got away without any problems but those who went via coaches and trains said it was a nightmare.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.