47 | Phil Foden - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely think that losing his England place would be a huge positive. He was flying before the World Cup, then 6 weeks of Southgate’s crushing negativity and prehistoric tactics, and his confidence looks completely shot. Pep is now trying to get him going again with a bit of tough love.
Not true, his goal return for us but his performances were nowhere his previous levels this season even before the world cup

Not true, his goal return for us but his performances were nowhere his previous levels this season even before the world cup
The media are creaming themselves over a rashford and his ‘amazing run of form’

Foden is two goals behind him and same number of assists and has had a stop/start season so far

Phil is one of a few players including Bernado and Cancelo who are in a slump and need to get back to form if we are going to chase down Arsenal. All players who make a massive difference when playing well.
Who will be the first to get back to their best?

So would you say City have been at previous levels this season then because we were outstanding for 60 minutes that game?
No I wouldn’t, we clearly haven’t been overall. But I do not think it is fair to say that pre World Cup Foden was nowhere near previous levels. In fact against Brentford in a really poor overall display just before the break, he scored a great goal.
it is about opinions, but I think Foden has either been injured, dejected or embroiled in scandal every time he links up with England. Which was my original point, City would benefit if he got left out of a few squads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.