Adarabioyo Signs New Deal

Be sold soon then. More £££ for the academy.
Hope not John. I'd like to see him getting onto the bench and play some cup games and see how it goes from there.
I thought ironically, when we were beaten 5-1 by Chelsea in the cup last year, he actually had a decent game and along with the other 4 academy players that day,
he was let down by the senior team members around him.

Imagine us putting him alongside Kompany in an odd game that we are winning well and 20 minutes to go.
That is the way he will learn.

You mean play for us again don't you?
Well yes. What I really mean is that I would like to see him develop into a player which is being used seriously for the first team. I hope the new contract is a sign that this will happen.

In terms of going out on loan I don't understand the point in it. Tosin hasn't been with the EDS team for the majority of this season, he's played the odd game for fitness, but he trains with the first team - do you genuinely think he'll learn more playing the odd game for Celtic against bums every other week as opposed to training day in, day out by the guy who is heralded as the greatest coach in history by some players?
If it's just getting the odd game here and here at Parkhead you may have a point but if it is regular or nearly regular football against the occasional game here a loan may make a lot of sense. You can have all the top coaching you like but unless you put it into practice in a match situation you will probably not reach the required level. He now has had a full season of coaching from Pep and his team, he has to learn how to put that coaching into practice, if he can do that here great if not a loan deal makes sense. Rodgers for all his antics on TV actually has a pretty good reputation as a coach himself.

Imagine us putting him alongside Kompany in an odd game that we are winning well and 20 minutes to go.
That is the way he will learn.
By coming into a pressure free environment in a game that's already been won? Don't see what that'll teach him tbh.

Hey remember that time when we loaned a young player out and they came back and became a valuable part of the first team?

Hey remember that time when we loaned a young player out and they came back and became a valuable part of the first team?
We haven't had much luck with young players full stop for a little while but Joe Hart fits that description.

Last edited:
By coming into a pressure free environment in a game that's already been won? Don't see what that'll teach him tbh.
I do.
It's a start. He can be mentored on positioning without worrying about the result being in jeopardy.
He can try the playing out from the back which he should be already used to in the academy,
with first team players that hopefully will be well drilled by then. He was thrown in against Chelsea last year and quite frankly was let down
by senior players who hadn't a clue where they should be defensively. He coped well for a half but really got nothing out of the second half.

Depending on how well he copes, then his involvement increases and the degree of pressure increases.
I'm sure we are going to buy big in the summer, but it would be nice to see some of the young lads eased into the first team 'playing' environment and all that goes with it, including bigger more hostile crowds.
The goal being that when we eventually have to play a youngster through injury or whatever, then we can rely on putting one in his natural position rather than trying to
make a senior player plug a gap in a position he is unfamiliar with.

It's not easy finding a way to transition academy players into our first team. Some prefer to loan them to a tough league where they will learn to play against men.
It has it's merits and most will end up being loaned. I would prefer us to hold onto what we consider our best talent in each area (as much as the squad could take) and try to teach them by giving them increased amounts of game time under the supervision of our own coaches/managers and senior players.

Agree,get him in a team that will test him.Championship best.Cant understand loans to Celtic,I reckon I could play in their back 4 and look good as I can pass sideways.......just.

Is there a limit to how many players we can send to Girona? Send as many there as the rules allow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.