Ads

TBH Ric there seems to be a problem with the number of scripts running in general. The forum software seems really heavy going and unresponsive in itself - it's pretty much unusable for me.

I stopped running ublock for this site (actually I just use edge instead) - but even disregarding maybel, there's too many, too intrusive

TBH Ric there seems to be a problem with the number of scripts running in general. The forum software seems really heavy going and unresponsive in itself - it's pretty much unusable for me.
Sounds more like a full cache, just clear your browsing history. It's only the Maybelline one that's causing problems at the moment (still) and if you're logged in there aren't very many at all.

Sounds more like a full cache, just clear your browsing history. It's only the Maybelline one that's causing problems at the moment (still) and if you're logged in there aren't very many at all.

Thanks, but I'm pretty sure it's the posting code. Whether it's server or client side, it does some pretty strange and intense stuff.

The video ad banner seems to be slowing down the site. Not sure if this is only on my computers. I tend to open multiple tabs of the forum and I can't even type without a lag.

Is there any way I can selectively prevent the video from opening (without having to hit pause on all of the open tabs) without blocking ads?

Edit: Want to add that I use Chrome
No,mine too,it's a fuckin ball ache.

Usually have trouble logging in due to the ads, and as has been mentioned its the mabelline ad and sometimes Citroen.

Worse though on my phone as the hotel.com ad quite often covers the first post on the page.

There are also very irritating ads at the bottom of the page, the sort you'd see on sickipedia. Shite like 'this mum earns £1200 a nano second from home'

There are normally three or four such ads at the bottom.

Same here where sometimes the page doesn't load and when does I'm getting ads popping up

Sorry about this, I'm chasing it up with the ad company as we speak. Will reply to all individual issues by PM, but as always if you can send me screengrabs and let me know what platform you're on it'd be a great help.

RBS one now that covers the full screen along with the Mabelline one.
The Mabelline one is crafty as it stays on the screen until the page fully loads so that you can see that and nothing else..

Who's advertising Maybelline on a football website?

You'll be happy to know that the adverts are unintrusive if you're logged on in Morocco.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.