Aleksandar Kolarov - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we play anyone half decent he gets found out. He wasn't the only one who had a bad game but unless we're playing teams with limited players they just beat him for fun.

He really wasn't one of the biggest problems last night.

No, he wasn't.

Unfortunate on first goal.

Probably should have shown Messi onto his right for the second goal but easy to say...

Left having to make a last ditch tackle for the pen and even then he barely touched Messi.

I would have started Clichy last night but we did not lose because Kola played.

It was a bit of a rash tackle for the pen but we were game over by then anyway. I think if it were 0-0 and he did that he would be getting pelters!

He is what he is, a player who can look very good against mid to lower table teams (Although not always) and one who frequently looks poor against the best. Having said that all of our full backs are poor for me. It is absolutely criminal that we have overlooked this area for so long.
Agree with you about the fullbacks being poor with the possible exception of Sagna who I think is half decent.
I am certain Pep will address this area now he's had a chance to evaluate the squad but we may need to wait till the summer transfer window to sign high caliber players.
Rome wasn't built in one day and all that....

Agree with you about the fullbacks being poor with the possible exception of Sagna who I think is half decent.
I am certain Pep will address this area now he's had a chance to evaluate the squad but we may need to wait till the summer transfer window to sign high caliber players.
Rome wasn't built in one day and all that....

It wasn't and it looks like there will be lots of ups and some downs this season. It needs addressing though. It's been too long. Sagna is ok but is too old now and shouldn't be first choice.

The defence is a problem and until we cut out the stupid mistakes and the soft goals, it won't matter how pleasing on the eye we are.

It wasn't and it looks like there will be lots of ups and some downs this season. It needs addressing though. It's been too long. Sagna is ok but is too old now and shouldn't be first choice.

The defence is a problem and until we cut out the stupid mistakes and the soft goals, it won't matter how pleasing on the eye we are.
Wise words.
We lack that ruthless aggression in defence when VK not playing i.e. 80% of the time over the last 18 months.
It's no coincidence we have struggled to keep clean sheets.
Mangiala was a terrible signings and I am not too sure about Otamendi who is either brilliant or abysmal.
We desperately need consistency in our defence. Stones is looking a good bet but I do think we will need another top draw CB as well as 2 FBs.

Don't blame Kolarov, blame Pep who picked him ahead of Clichy.

Clichy is better at defending and keeping possession while Kolarov is better at crossing and shooting.

has anyone seen enough replays to judge if Kolarov got much on it for Saints goal?

hoofs the ball forward with as much pace as he can if he doesn't have a simple pass on with the left foot. He literally cannot kick it with his right foot to play a simple ball square to Dinho, so instead he launches it, either down his line or attempts a one or two in ten, eighty yard diagonal.

we need full backs.

His decision making is terrible. He's just not good enough, how he has been here for 5 years is beyond me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.