All is not tickety - boo at Bayern

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by PW, 1 Oct 2017.

1. Vienna_70

Vienna_70

rag hater
    Thanks for that.

Regrettably, I don’t keep up with German football nowadays as much as I used to.

2. nmc

nmc

At least you are doing well. Have faith you’ll make the journey back to the top.

3. dennishasdoneit

dennishasdoneit

Football..
    Which is my point,....he has looked a superb composed, combatant defender whenever i have seen him play for his country...part of a well drilled unit
    I,m just not sure us City fans saw enough to comment on the players true ability.

4. dennishasdoneit

dennishasdoneit

Football..
    Interesting....

5. MarsLlama

MarsLlama

We'll need to be extremely careful when choosing our replacement after Pep leaves in a few years. I think it'll be Arteta.

6. nmc

nmc

I think you might be right Arteta seems to have quickly established himself in the inner circle and often looks like Peps right hand man.

7. PW

PW

Patrick Viera must be in with a shout

8. Vienna_70

Vienna_70

rag hater
    Considering NYCFC's transformation since Paddy's appointment, I would agree.

9. This and only this

This and only this

This with Arteta going to Girona to give him some seasoning.

10. Maldeika

Maldeika

The idea Ancelotti first did not sound that bad. You somehow saw that the players after 3 years of Pep in full were somehow mentally drained. Pep goes so far that even at 4:0 up he shouts over one of the midfielders to the sidelines because the distances aren't 100% correct... Now you get a player's manager...

But I guess we even got a downgrade of Ancelotti - or maybe it was because the status quo of a ball possession in difference to a more counter system where individuals are much more important is that it needs permanent maintenance and cannot be left alone.

As a fan - I do not know what really to expect from the season but it feels really good to have Heynckes back. I loved Pep, too - and at the end really hated Ancelotti - and he fueled that in this press conferences. But having Heynckes sitting there in the press conference, being all an "old" gentlemen, talking about hard work, discipline, hierarchy, strenghtening his old players again - and then talking about his home, his family and cats and that when his daughter and wife told him to take the job and that they will manage it alone (his wife will soon have a big surgery) - and then Cando his beloved dog barking twice as an agreement - that somehow felt good. I never have seen the German Bayern forum agreeing that much about a move. We will have very long press conferences again...

I know - that all does not sound really modern and businesslike - but it was so 12/13...

------------------

The ideal guy after Pep. Maybe somebody that is a little less crazy and a little less perfectionist would be good after some years of Pep. But not going totally to the opposite...

Maybe not somebody with the same ideas - some positive change is helpful, too.