Anti depressants..

Thank you for the advice.

If the side effects are intolerable in a fortnight’s time, I will mention Escitalopram to my GP. I might mention Wellbutrin too, which is proven to be effective for both ADHD and counteracting some of the effects of SSRIs.

I’m no scientist but I suspect a lot of my problems are dopamine-related.

I would encourage you to to discuss Lexapro regardless of your experience with side effects. Consider it this way. YOu are driving a 2000 year model car...for the same price you could be driving the 2018 model. It is very important to talk to your Doctor before making any decisions...BUT Lexapro may be a really really easy way to get past this.

Wellbutrin (and this is just personal expeience so take it as such, does have some side effects--more than many SSRIs--that said it works for many people). Good luck.

You're right that there is a chemical imbalance associated with these illnesses, but to think of the drugs as a cure is not the way to go about it. Any good Psychiatry Consultant will readily admit the medications are there to help, and they do help in the vast majority of cases, but they are not a cure. The approach used will be "Biopsychosocial", looking at Biology, Psychology and Social circumstances; and they will target all three areas, not just the biology, to achieve results.

Also dishing out abuse to anyone who has different outlooks on these things doesn't seem a particularly helpful thing to be doing.

Do you think perpetuating the stigma over meds is helpful. Do you think coming on here and spouting medical opinions when the individuals clearly do not know what they are talking about is helpful. We aren't discussing our opinions on a goalkeeper. This is science and there are actually facts that are relevant here.

I wouldn't take the advice of an agressive american,they use different things in the states for one and it isn't doing much for him,if you have tried lots of medications and find Citalopram works for you then stay with it and power through the current side effects and then see how you feel,switching at this point imo wouldn't be the right thing to do,give it a couple of weeks then meet with your dr again

@Dr Jacoby Karen doesn't like me because I think her opinions about football are ludicrous. She is suggesting you don't listen to me because of that.

This is a bit of a problem and proves my point. Here is a person who doesn't know anything about my experience with this subject telling others to disregard my posts because she doesn't like me.

Everything I said is a fact and can be verified through other means...specifically by your doctor.

In all seriousness, reducing the use of so called 'social' elements of the internet (Facebook, Twitter, forums, etc) would almost certainly be a positive for the majority of individuals, particularly those suffering with mental health issues. It's a corrosive place and whilst there are benefits to such places, without people taking time to regulate their own use of them, they can quite easily breed dependency, a lack of perspective, time wasting and a lack of direction (he says whilst posting on an internet forum)

That's not particularly relevant to the topic at hand but I've written it now.

I was a sales exec for a major drug company and you don't do deals with drs,you present your drugs and the evidence as do the other companies,ask them to do a trial with a patient and see what happens,they don't get back handers to use any companies drugs,they have a strict criteria for use of drugs,there is a recognised first line treatment then after that they might try something you have suggested but they might not
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...-hospitality-doctors-rises-one-three-refuses/
https://www.ft.com/content/b3e42806-3ec7-11e6-8716-a4a71e8140b0
https://www.bmj.com/content/357/bmj.j2695

Do you think perpetuating the stigma over meds is helpful. Do you think coming on here and spouting medical opinions when the individuals clearly do not know what they are talking about is helpful. We aren't discussing our opinions on a goalkeeper. This is science and there are actually facts that are relevant here.
It doesn't matter if I agree with what they're saying, I simply think your way of disagreeing is pretty childish. You see I disagreed with your interpretation of the anti-depressants being a cure, because they're not, yet I didn't have to throw abuse at you to do so.

Some people find things work for them that scientifically shouldn't make a difference, I agree that spreading negativity around the medication could be harmful, or really offering any advice about what medications to take as that should clearly be left to the individuals doctor(s), but offering up suggestions about what psychological/social sides have helped them isn't a harmful thing to do. Like I say there is more to treating these issues than taking tablets alone.

Fuck you. People kill themselves every day because of the stigma over mental health. They don't seek mental health when they need it because of assholes who spout the type of shit that many on here are spouting. If you don't like it go do one.
Ok fine, point taken, and I also agree that facts are important when discussing medication. But you do have a strange manner for someone who’s apparently trying to be helpful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.