Antoine Griezmann?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love him. Perfect for us. Everything I assume we hoped Sterling would be.
Sadly a signing I can not see us making. Hed pretty much make Sterling redundant.
We can't possibly consider Sterling as anything other than an equivelent with the right coaching.

For me, Sterling will never will be at this level. A level we need and a level his fee and Txiki's determination to sign him suggests he should be at one day soon.

Sterling is only 21, 10 goals and 11 assists isn't too bad. Plenty of room for improvement though and I expect him to.

Greizmann is left footed for a start and is better on the right cutting in, whereas Sterling is the opposite, so they could play very well together in the same side.

Greizmann can also play in the middle when Aguero isn't available and actually could replace him in 3 or 4 years time when Kun goes back to Argentina.

Central midfield is clearly our weakest area, and then for me right wing comes next.

We ideally want someone left footed who can play on the right with real pace and quality. That's why we're linked with Sane. But if Griezmann is available we should throw the kitchen sink at it.

probably the only player potentially on the market available that I would absolutely hate if he ended up at one of our title rivals.

Sterling is only 21, 10 goals and 11 assists isn't too bad. Plenty of room for improvement though and I expect him to.

Greizmann is left footed for a start and is better on the right cutting in, whereas Sterling is the opposite, so they could play very well together in the same side.

Greizmann can also play in the middle when Aguero isn't available and actually could replace him in 3 or 4 years time when Kun goes back to Argentina.

Central midfield is clearly our weakest area, and then for me right wing comes next.

We ideally want someone left footed who can play on the right with real pace and quality. That's why we're linked with Sane. But if Griezmann is available we should throw the kitchen sink at it.

He pretty much never plays from the right. He started as a tradition left wing. He's progressed into a second or primary striker. He's not Robben like.
He's a more dynamic Sterling, suited to play from the left. He is far better than Sterling centrally.

I'm not Sterling's biggest critic, but those stats are pretty flat track on paper. Not one fan in the stadium vs Arsenal thought he'd change the game for the better, some even boo'd.
£44 million should be getting you game changers. Not potential game changers. Griezman would be a game changer.
I don't think Pep will turn Sterling into one of the most exciting players in the World. I thought he'd be an excellent signing. So far, he's been a leg down.

I reserve judgment till September, but looking at the players we are being most heavily linked with, I think Txiki will have another mare.
If he signs another £30 + centre half he should be sacked on the spot.

Pep is a great coach and Mangala, Otamendi, Kompany and Denayer are a better centre half selection than any other he's worked with.

Griezman should have been signed two years ago. He'd had a good World Cup personally and was very impressive at Sociedad.

My main issue with Txiki, he's buying good players for excellent player money. Much like Sterling and Otamendi. Otamendi went for peanuts the summer we signed Mangala. I could do that.

Best forward in the world after Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Lewandowski and Aguero if you ask me.

Would it be fair to say Griezmann is the best available player in the world this summer?
Pogba is. But we don't know it yet... Griezmann just fits the bill. I think Reus bar injury, Bale, Neymar, Dybala, and a host of others also fit the bill.

But Pogba is where the difference is.

He pretty much never plays from the right. He started as a tradition left wing. He's progressed into a second or primary striker. He's not Robben like.
He's a more dynamic Sterling, suited to play from the left. He is far better than Sterling centrally.

I'm not Sterling's biggest critic, but those stats are pretty flat track on paper. Not one fan in the stadium vs Arsenal thought he'd change the game for the better, some even boo'd.
£44 million should be getting you game changers. Not potential game changers. Griezman would be a game changer.
I don't think Pep will turn Sterling into one of the most exciting players in the World. I thought he'd be an excellent signing. So far, he's been a leg down.

I reserve judgment till September, but looking at the players we are being most heavily linked with, I think Txiki will have another mare.
If he signs another £30 + centre half he should be sacked on the spot.

Pep is a great coach and Mangala, Otamendi, Kompany and Denayer are a better centre half selection than any other he's worked with.

Griezman should have been signed two years ago. He'd had a good World Cup personally and was very impressive at Sociedad.

My main issue with Txiki, he's buying good players for excellent player money. Much like Sterling and Otamendi. Otamendi went for peanuts the summer we signed Mangala. I could do that.

Most of the runs on his highlights video are him running down the right channel and cutting in on his left, basically the reverse of Henry.

If he's played a lot of games left wing and down the middle I'm sure Pep can mould him in to a right forward / winger.

Even if he's not played much there he's got all the tools; pace, good at running with the ball, good touch, great left foot, good vision, great finisher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.