Are City Full of 'Galacticos'...?

I think we've only ever signed one galactico and that was Robinho. He was a statement of intent of our owners. Made the world sit up and take notice but Robinho always thought we owed him, as though he was doing us a big favour. We all know he never lived up to expectations for us and was a huge flop in this league.

We don't need galactico signings to make anymore statements of intent. Just players who are good enough to improve us to the next level, with hunger desire and passion to play for Manchester City FC. We already have several players signed under Guardiola of that nature.

Let's leave Man-ure to sign the greedy egotistical galactico who will cause more harm than good with their greedy selfish ways. Im not surprised that since they signed Sanchez, Pogba has not had a decent game, and Sanchez has looked ordinary. You can bet your bottom dollar that Sanchez and his pay packet has caused jealousy and resentment there, particularly with Pogba.

Go on then i will be the annoying pub ****..."you know you are paying for air right mate, get a yorkie"
I like trucking, I like trucking, I like trucking, and I like to truck.
Prop: Pamela Stevenson, Not the Nine o' clock News.

My definition of a galactico is someone who is more likely to appear on the front page of a newspaper showing off their tan/girlfriend/house/car than appear on the back page for their ability on the pitch.
Fortunately with the type of player we sign they generally appear on the back pages.

D Silva not world class. Really?

One of the most consistent performers on the national stage and in the premier league.

Won nearly everything as an important playmaker.

Not having it

My view is more along the Ray Hudson rating system. Meaning that at any given time, there are only 5 or 6 World Class players. Those are players that would always be first choice for every team in the world and stay at that level for several years. Generally speaking, his rating system keeps the guys that play at the highest level for only a year or two from being overrated. Because you know that once a player is rated at the highest level, it takes a long time for people to bring their views of them back down. Hudson prefers to group those few players up there because there is a gap between them and the players just below (which he refers to as International class). It isn't a dismissal of the players in that second tier, but rather an acknowledgement of the players at the very top.

I meant no disrespect to David Silva at all. I think he's probably one of the top 10-15 players in the entire world. So the matter is more about what we call those players more than anything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.