Arsenal Vs City Post Game Discussion Thread

For the first time, I thought Mancini looked bereft of ideas.

Still, there's always next year, and the year after, and the year after that...

Very disappointed with that result and overall performance.

Losing Yaya Toure so early on affected the team greatly as there was very little, if any, leadership in the middle of the pitch after he went off injured.

Aguero was poor.

Joe Hart gets beaten too easily on his left side.

Milner seemed to run around a lot without really affecting the game and he was playing in midfield which is supposed to be his best position but I guess you can put it down to lack of game time.

Balotelli should be told to just stop tackling, he's a fucking striker and it's all well and good tracking back but it's obvious he won't get the benefit of the doubt when he makes a bad challenge like someone like Rooney would and more often than not, it results in him picking up cards as we again found out today.

Pizzarro looked like the only midfielder who had any semblance of composure or the ability to make a dangerous pass when he came on but alas, it was him that lost the ball in a dangerous area which led to the goal.

Nasri could have played much better.

Kompany and Lescott were very good I thought.

Mancini took long to made changes when it was clear as day that the team was under lots of pressure and something need to change.

Oddly, I find myself being much more upset with Tevez and Dzeko. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind whatsoever that had these two been either available or in good form, we would have seen very little of Balotelli this season as Mancini has shown to be a pragmatic manager more often than not(not always I have to point out) and he would have definitely used them much more. You only have to look back to the start of the season when Balotelli was nowhere to be seen because the other strikers were performing. As it's turned out, we've had to rely a talented but inconsistent and temperamental young striker to lead the title charge of a team that hasn't won the title in however many years and it's no surprise we're faltering now. I have no complaints of Aguero in this respect, he's been largely excellent in his debut season.

Even if the title race is over, a strong finish is still needed.

Mmmm. 2 points from a possible 12 in the league recently from those world giants Stoke Swansea Sunderland and Arsenal. And who can honestly say we had a decent performance from City in any of those games?
We have no midfield anymore, we create zip all. The guys up front have had zip all to work with in the past month. After Kolarovs latest shit free kick in the last minute which they broke away from, who was chasing back hardest to get the ball and was back first? Tevez, the guy who supposedly is still not fit enough to replace a walking tit like Mario at half time. What is most concerning though has been the total lack of urgency from the majority of this side in the past few weeks. The more I think about it the more shocking that capitulation at Swansea was, especially when you see how crap their results have been since...a bit like ours in fact.
Roll on next season and if Roberto is still in charge then I really wouldn't trust him with the transfer budget....Dzeko, Savic, Nasri, Kolarov, Balotelli.

argyle said:
Silvex said:
argyle said:
So is this how it's going to be with some City fans now eh?

Don't win anything one season, so the manager should be sacked??

This is the best season in the top flight that I have ever seen - and yet just because in the last few weeks we've come up short, toys are now being thrown out fans collective prams!!

It's not the don't win anything in a season why people want him gone, it's his tactics, blind belief in Balo, and his refusal to play wingers.

Have a nice day.

Writing 'have a nice day' doesn't do your point any favours.

His tactics, use of Mario and lack of playing wingers have indeed contributed to us not winning this season.

However here is the thing....they can all be rectified next season.

A club cannot just get rid of managers once things go slightly wrong (we're gonna finish second in the league) it's a recipe for disaster.

They can all be rectified next season? Why not this season? Bench Mario, change your tactics, make better subs, make sooner subs, better man-management skills, etc.

A club can get rid of managers if there is better choices out there. O'Neil for example, a manager we can easily get, gets 110% from his players because he has great man-management skills. Imagine if he had our squad? He would've won the league by now.

Or we can get Jose, I don't think we will, the tactical genius.

I was serious about that have a nice day though o_o, after that performance I thought people would need a pick me up.

I don't agree at all with many of the opinions expressed here. The back four were, to a man, excellent. We really needed Ya Ya today to get the ball and run with it straight at them. When he went off we had Kun Aguero, who is obviously not fully over his injury, having to chase long balls through the middle. Mario was somewhere other than the Emirates and lost the ball immediately, nearly everytime he got it. So the ball kept coming straight back at us. It's no use accusing Barry of being slow, we know he's not a soeed merchant, he never has been, and we can't expect to turn into one because Ya Ya's injured, but I thought he, and James Milner gave it everything today. But they were covering a midfield where there was always acres of space for Arsenal - where Balotelli should have been. We should have taken Balotelli off, brought Dzeko on and tried to keep the ball up front, but even then it would have been difficult, because our backline couldn't push up because Arsena have real pace up front. But then I believe the big mistake Roberto has made is to pair Kun and Edin together only twice since the win at QPR.

Silvex said:
argyle said:
Silvex said:
It's not the don't win anything in a season why people want him gone, it's his tactics, blind belief in Balo, and his refusal to play wingers.

Have a nice day.

His tactics, use of Mario and lack of playing wingers have indeed contributed to us not winning this season.

A club cannot just get rid of managers once things go slightly wrong (we're gonna finish second in the league) it's a recipe for disaster.

They can all be rectified next season? Why not this season? Bench Mario, change your tactics, make better subs, make sooner subs, better man-management skills, etc.

A club can get rid of managers if there is better choices out there. O'Neil for example, a manager we can easily get, gets 110% from his players because he has great man-management skills. Imagine if he had our squad? He would've won the league by now.

I was serious about that have a nice day though o_o, after that performance I thought people would need a pick me up.

O'Neill, really? He'd have been found out sooner than Mancini's tactics have.

I just think shipping managers each time things don't work will damage the club.

The most damning stat of them all:

Shots on target: 0

As for the periodic calls for O'Neill, give me a break! Mancini has achieved more in 10 years than O'Neill has in far more. Mourinho or don't even bother changing the manager.

LoveCity said:
The most damning stat of them all:

Shots on target: 0

As for the periodic calls for O'Neill, give me a break! Mancini has achieved more in 10 years than O'Neill has in far more. Mourinho or don't even bother changing the manager.

Yes, lets's stop with this O'Neill shite.....clueless twats.

argyle said:
Silvex said:
argyle said:

O'Neill, really? He'd have been found out sooner than Mancini's tactics have.

I just think shipping managers each time things don't work will damage the club.

Oh so that's why sacking Hughes and getting Mancini was a terrible choice? Because that choice sooo damaged the club. /sarcasm.

O'Neil gets 110% out of his players, unlike Mancini who just plays his wonder BOY Balotelli, and leaves tevez on the bench at halftime.

I mean look what O'Neil did to us at our own place. 3 shots on goals 3 goals. Better than Mancini and his tactics.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.