Arsenal Vs City Post Game Discussion Thread

argyle said:
chrismcfc1 said:
argyle said:
So is this how it's going to be with some City fans now eh?

Don't win anything one season, so the manager should be sacked??

This is the best season in the top flight that I have ever seen - and yet just because in the last few weeks we've come up short, toys are now being thrown out fans collective prams!!

-- Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:57 pm --

So is this how it's going to be with some City fans now eh?

Don't win anything one season, so the manager should be sacked??

This is the best season in the top flight that I have ever seen - and yet just because in the last few weeks we've come up short, toys are now being thrown out fans collective prams!!

Fans have been patient but the reality is we haven't improved enough away from home we are losing the same type of games as last season. The manager has to take responsibility for poor tactics , no game plan, no width, no team spirit, no one actually trying to help the manager out of this mess - shown by lack of effort today.
Money can buy talent but it can't buy team spirit.
When was the last time one of our players said anything positive about the manager in interview ??

All points can be rectified next season. You have to give managers time to get things right.

Only will only work if both player and coach want it to work, I don't see that from our club. Mancini stubborn attitude is costing us, how many more players will he fall out with??
How can redknapp get adebeyor playing? Same with dalglish / Bellamy ??

LoveCity said:
The most damning stat of them all:

Shots on target: 0

As for the periodic calls for O'Neill, give me a break! Mancini has achieved more in 10 years than O'Neill has in far more. Mourinho or don't even bother changing the manager.

O'Neil's never worked at a well known/rich club. Inter/Us are one of the biggest spenders.

Silvex said:
argyle said:
Silvex said:
They can all be rectified next season? Why not this season? Bench Mario, change your tactics, make better subs, make sooner subs, better man-management skills, etc.

A club can get rid of managers if there is better choices out there. O'Neil for example, a manager we can easily get, gets 110% from his players because he has great man-management skills. Imagine if he had our squad? He would've won the league by now.

Or we can get Jose, I don't think we will, the tactical genius.

I was serious about that have a nice day though o_o, after that performance I thought people would need a pick me up.

O'Neill, really? He'd have been found out sooner than Mancini's tactics have.

I just think shipping managers each time things don't work will damage the club.

Oh so that's why sacking Hughes and getting Mancini was a terrible choice? Because that choice sooo damaged the club. /sarcasm.

O'Neil gets 110% out of his players, unlike Mancini who just plays his wonder BOY Balotelli, and leaves tevez on the bench at halftime.

I mean look what O'Neil did to us at our own place. 3 shots on goals 3 goals. Better than Mancini and his tactics.

O'Neill, really?

He had good tactics against us that day. Over a season......

Mario did have a great game until the very end.

Why wasn't he subbed out to avoid a second yellow?

Jack Pitt-Brooke ‏ @JPBIndy Reply Retweeted Favorite · Open
David Platt orders the City players to the away end. Tevez, Kolarov and Pizarro walk past him and down the tunnel.

Bit tight!

Silvex said:
O'Neil's never worked at a well known/rich club. Inter/Us are one of the biggest spenders.

Mancini spent very little at Inter, his biggest signing was Ibra at a mammoth £15million. Maicon, Dacourt, Maxwell - free transfers. Vieira - £6million. Mancini can and has succeeded without money, he all but saved Lazio from oblivion by overachieving with a squad stripped of it's best assets due to financial meltdown. He is leagues above O'Neill who is not only an average manager but his teams play boring old fashioned football. O'Neill would have been a good candidate... in September, 2008. We're well above his level now.

I'll stick up (a bit) for Balotelli, he tried hard, he showed passion, he competed, he played like it mattered. But at the same time as saying that- a top pro can do all this without getting sent off. As a marked man in Englished football if he does not know by now how he has to carry himself you might conclude he will never know.

The rest of them...well the form they showed is not anything different to what has been on display is the last 7 or 8 away games. The midfield lacks creativity without an on-song king david, and it's only compensation is a driving yaya - lose both and you get what today was like.

Playing with wingers is the often heard call here - but I don't think it is that simple for Mancini, as he likes his 3 central midfielders and 3 up-top (one of which is Silva, and any 2 or 3 very expensive strikers). Playing with wingers means either 1 or 2 sacrifices in the front 3 if that is where the width is to accomodated. OR accepting that playing with a 4 across the middle is the way forward - I suspect that would mean Silva playing wide left, yaya + 1, and a new winger. It's all possible, but it's not Mancini's style, he has never set up like that because it offers no protection to back 4.

The club can back him, and I'll support that, but to be successful in the epl the team will have to find a way to play when tippy-tappy goes nowhere. Personally I'd be fining everybody middle-to-front if they don't get a shot on target in 90 minutes.

Mark - TheBlue said:
Jack Pitt-Brooke ‏ @JPBIndy Reply Retweeted Favorite · Open
David Platt orders the City players to the away end. Tevez, Kolarov and Pizarro walk past him and down the tunnel.

Bit tight!
Not surprised about Tevez but a little with Pizarro

As for Aleks, he was probably aiming for the away end but found the tunnel

On the positive side I thought Kompany, Lescott and Zab were fantastic today.

The rest were a fucking Joke with the exception of maybe Clichy and Hart.

Arsenal reacted as if they had won the league at the end of the match as did Chelsea at Stamford bridge, Everton, etc etc........ Does everyone hate us? And do all other fans prefer United to win the league? Why?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.