Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Pep knows and we know that we’re not the mechanical winning machine the press makes out. We are unsurpassed in areas, no doubt, but we still have our frailties like any other team. Until now we’ve had Gundo and KDB to find a moment of magic to cover any holes. Life after both is going to be tougher as replacements of that calibre are hard to find and take time to bed in. So this season could be tricky. We will have to be the twelfth man a lot more. That’s not just singing and noise - which we’ve got better at - but cutting back on the early darts for the A6 etc.

Last edited:
All that Pep is doing, is asking us to carry on as we did in the last dozen home games of last season after he, in my opinion, rightly called us out on the atmosphere at home games. The noise and backing of the team in those last games was the best in our time at the Etihad, he could be worried that we fall back into the old routine of being noisy for the first 10-15 minutes then not much else until we score a couple of goals or start singing again for the last ten minutes. He just wants 90 + minutes of noise and what I think worked well last year the constant whistling and booing whenever the opposition got the ball or a decision their way. He certainly appreciates it when the supporters put a shift in as much as his players do, like the way he came over to us on Wednesday night and applauded us for quite a while.
Need to set up a league table for the North, South, East & Colin Bell stands award points for noisiest each game, bit of healthy competition between each stand instead of slagging one another off.

Pep didn't need to say anything. He praised our support last season. So why would our support be any different for our first home match of the season on a Saturday night at 8pm with a full stadium, fans drinking all day, and with 3000 noisy Geordies.

Pep really needs to move on from this topic now. It's getting tedious, embarrassing, and it only highlights the incorrect belief amongst other fans that we don't get behind the team and there's no atmosphere at the Emptythad. ;-)

If the atmosphere is poor tonight for an 8pm pissed up ko against a good singing opponent, then i don't know when it will be good again. Should be rocking

Get the players to bring the four trophies on the pitch immediately before the game and the place will explode. But it has never happened previously at the first game and I doubt it will tonight.

Get the players to bring the four trophies on the pitch immediately before the game and the place will explode. But it has never happened previously at the first game and I doubt it will tonight.
I reckon City should pull out all the stops and announce
half price chips
If that dunt work,nowt will.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.