Baseball

Banned Tosspot

Booked tickets to see the Mets play the Phillies at the end of August but haven't got a clue what the fuck is going on.

Any of our US fans give me a quick guide or something to read?

Game of Rounders, only if you miss the ball, you get another two attempts to try and hit it.

Rascal said:
i think you will love the Hot Dogs :)
Not keen on hot dogs but the burgers will go down well!<br /><br />-- Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:46 pm --<br /><br />
MCFC1993 said:
Game of Rounders, only if you miss the ball, you get another two attempts to try and hit it.
That's the bit I know plus the national anthem. After that....?!?!

Me dad knew sod all about baseball but when he went to the States (Boston I think) he went a game and said it was shit ...... only kidding he had a real good laugh. He said the atmosphere was great and a friendly Yank helped him out with rules. Not sure where they were but the team had just won the World series recently for the first time in ages, around 2006.

Edit spelling mistakes.

mcmanus said:
Me dad knew sod all about baseball but when he went to the States (Boston I think) he went a game and said it was shit ...... only kidding he had a real good laugh. He said the atmosphere was great and a friendly Yank helped him out with rules. Not sure where they but them team had just won the World series recently for the first time in ages, around 2006.
There was a remake of Fever Pitch made in America based on that Red Sox famous win.

Need to watch that again methinks.<br /><br />-- Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:52 pm --<br /><br />
citykev28 said:
Don't start seeing your arse just because I've replied to one of your posts, I'm actually asking a straight question.

Are you fascinated by all things American?
I'll be in America so .... when in Rome.

Baseball is a fantastic game in my opinion. If you go there with an open mind, I'm sure you'll love it. The intricacies of it may take time but it is a simple game to follow.

In many ways, even though it couldn't be more American, it has a lot in common with the most English of sports, cricket. In that it is a series of one on one duals, built into very much a team game.

Maybe read, How life imitates the World Series by Thomas Boswell. It's a great read.

tidyman said:
Baseball is a fantastic game in my opinion. If you go there with an open mind, I'm sure you'll love it. The intricacies of it may take time but it is a simple game to follow.

In many ways, even though it couldn't be more American, it has a lot in common with the most English of sports, cricket. In that it is a series of one on one duals, built into very much a team game.

Maybe read, How life imitates the World Series by Thomas Boswell. It's a great read.
Cheers Tidy, I'll look it up :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.