Baseball

Sheikh said:
Booked tickets to see the Mets play the Phillies at the end of August but haven't got a clue what the fuck is going on.

Any of our US fans give me a quick guide or something to read?
Went to see the Red Sox play in Boston a few years ago. It was fcking brilliant!
I wanted to know the rules so I read 'Know the Game: Baseball' before I went. It's only a short guide & you can pick it up for about £3 on Amazon.
Some excellent posts on here though telling you pretty much all you need to know.
I seem to remember watching the game but loads of people around us seemingly oblivious to what was going on. They are a funny lot.

About time we had a baseball thread. Far too much talk about fcking cricket!!!

Little league is the best one to watch. They hit the ball way more often because of the slower pitching.

crooky said:
Little league is the best one to watch. They hit the ball way more often because of the slower pitching.

"The Little League Baseball Division (sometimes known as the Major Division) is for boys and girls ages 9–12

Are you Pete Townsend?

Also know what an RBI is, as they'll probably go on about that a bit.

"Run batted in (abbreviated as RBI) is a statistic used in baseball and softball to credit a batter when the outcome of his at bat results in a run being scored, except in certain situations such as when an error is made on the play."

Wasat world cup in 94 met ny Mets coach in bar who gave us free tickets for candlestick park,what a day,mate enjoy it

In Philadelphia or NYC? Philadelphia fans of all sports have a reputation. Their old football team (gridiron) had a jail underneath the seating. Not long ago some "kids" they were men in their 20's, decided to get drunk and make themselves vomit on a 10 year to old girl seated in front of them because they thought it would be funny. Her family were also Phillies fans.

They save the life threats for fans of opposing teams. I love baseball but fans of Philadelphia teams treat opposition supporters poorly. One of my mates is from Philly. He told me everyone from Philly thinks they can fight just by virtue of being from Philadelphia. It could be like a City away match where you are sitting in the home section if you decide to support the Mets. Be smart and be alert. Have a great time.

Sheikh said:
Booked tickets to see the Mets play the Phillies at the end of August but haven't got a clue what the fuck is going on.

Any of our US fans give me a quick guide or something to read?

All you need to know is that they actually bring the beer to YOU at your seat. You are allowed to drink beer while watching thegame!! Imagine that. What a radical idea! thats the good news. The bad news is that its shite Budweiser.

Baseball is a great sport.Many countries around the world will agree. If I am around at that time, I would love giving you a tutorial at the game!! I live about 4 miles from Citifield.....<br /><br />-- Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:40 pm --<br /><br />
better dead than red said:
In Philadelphia or NYC? Philadelphia fans of all sports have a reputation. Their old football team (gridiron) had a jail underneath the seating. Not long ago some "kids" they were men in their 20's, decided to get drunk and make themselves vomit on a 10 year to old girl seated in front of them because they thought it would be funny. Her family were also Phillies fans.

They save the life threats for fans of opposing teams. I love baseball but fans of Philadelphia teams treat opposition supporters poorly. One of my mates is from Philly. He told me everyone from Philly thinks they can fight just by virtue of being from Philadelphia. It could be like a City away match where you are sitting in the home section if you decide to support the Mets. Be smart and be alert. Have a great time.

Philly fans are known for being worse than savages. Think Millwall without the racist bent. Hell, one year they even booed Santa Claus......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.