Beautiful on the pitch.. Uglier by the day off it?

THE BEER AND FOOD HAS ALWAYS BEEN SHIT HAHA lets not rewrite history.
Quite agree. The meat & tatty pie, at £4 a time is far better than the mouseburger I once had in the Kippax.

I must be honest, the constant changes to make us paying customers, as opposed to fans, is annoying. But then again, the quality of football is the best I've seen in my 57 years of watching them, and the facilities are far superior to Maine Road. I was always under the misapprehension that,as a customer, you had freedom of choice. However, as being a blue is in your DNA, there IS no freedom of choice. We watch them because of a biological imperative that means we will put up with ANYTHING in order to watch them, good or bad.

That's what being a blue is all about.

cant get to any games nowadays due to work etc, i wish i could moan about the pies and beer.

380 quid i pay for my st and 150 for my lad thats a bargain for the entertainment im getting. the beer price isnt much different from your average pub in mcr . No complaints from me .

A whinge or is it really getting worse?

No ticket for Spurs, well unless I wanted to listen to the likes of Marwood pontificating at City in the City, so Women's Cup Final for me and the kids. Regular visitors to the CFA as my lad, despite being a season ticket holder, likes the "little ground" better. No problem parking on site and walk over the bridge. Tomorrow make sure you have a fiver in your pocket for parking.. Womens Fa wanting s slice of the cash? or just City dipping its hand in my pocket again?

Over the last few years I've seen some of the best football since the 70's but the club just seems to be going further away from me. Food: rip off, drinks: rip off, padded seats: near me full of selfie lovers in half and half scarves, Poor kit quality wrapped in corporate bullshit, ticket allocations seem to be smaller and smaller, but if you have a box have as many as you want, worsening ticket office where details are delayed seemingly to let the non regular match goer, players and club hangers on get there hands out first.

So I'll p
ark on the street, and other than my match ticket the club gets nothing.. Maybe this is why the club needs tourists... but City will always be my team, 220 will always be my spot, but not sure this is my club anymore.

hate these shit posts ,everything about this club is on a another planet compared to the dross we were served up pre etihad, apart from the pubs but now being closer to the city centre compensates for that

I didn't say the club wasn't run better, the move to Etihad was one of the best things that ever happened to us. I love the football we play and enjoy the banter around the match, I was just saying that there feels to me a sense of detachment from the club that wasn't there as little as five years ago.

I have no sense of longing for Maine Road it served its purpose and was replaced with better facilities and I certainly wouldn't want to be taking my 6 year old onto a packed Kippax. But there is some connection missing and the indifference of supporter services got me thinking about it.

Yeah I wish it was 1998, with Frank Clark strumming his guitar whilst we plummeted to near oblivion. Turning up week in week out to watch jokers lose at home to Stockport and Bury, but it was fucking great cos it was a proper Manc serving me my pint and the club really really loved me

Get real, best days EVER to be a blue and every single supporter of any club in the whole country would swap places with us in a heartbeat
Yeah I wish it was 1998, well the whole of the 90's as most matches I was E'd up with a bottle of Coca Cola diluted with Vodka. How I never fell off the back of the Gene Kelly I will never know.

I have to say some of the more robust replies to the op are frankly the work of muppets.

For what its worth I am one of the grumpy old bastard generation, a veteran of many miserable days and nights at Maine Road, often served up with complete shit on the pitch, the catering should you indulge would serve up some more, it was a near certainty you would then stand in some shit on the way out, and probably would have done on the way in. Did the shit stop there? No You were at best treated like shit by the Police or sometimes attacked by them, and then the oppo supporters who would take great delight in telling you the team was shit. We had as much chance of winning a derby as shitting a gold bar.....so that was shit too

So in reality back then in the halycon days of the 80s 90s in reality were a massive pile of shit........but to a certain generation those days will in someways not be beaten.

Fast forward to today where we have a fantastic stadium, a team full of superstars playing some of the best football ever played by any English team. As for derby wins, I think we are actually mildly pissed off if we only beat them by a goal or two these days, and then there is of course winning things, a recently aquired habit that would seem to in all probability continue for the forseeble future.

Without any doubt following city these days is a far better vocation than it was. However I am sure that most 30+ blues will agree not everything is better.

I get to the occasional home game these days very few, I watch most games at home or in the pub, in my case I simply cannot afford to attend, top flight football is simply too expensive for me these days and to be honest even if i could afford it I wouldnt go often. In the main because the type of people who go are not the type I have anything whatsoever in common with. That doesnt make anything wrong with them the fact I think alot are twats is my problem alone. Then there is the atmosphere, some blame the stadium for a lack of atmosphere, its not the stadium its the occupants, no different anywhere else...there isnt any and thats more to do with the make up of the fans and all seat stadiums, it does make me laugh when people say the atmosphere was good at a game these days....you need passionate, committed, loyal there every week win lose rain or shine fans for that...they are in the minority in every stadium now. Dont get me started on the small amount of tickets for away fans....

Do I still support City of course, do I still enjoy us winning, you bet.......especially against certain opposition. It doesnt mean as much these days, Paul Powers free kick beats the Aguuuuuueeeerooo moment, maybe that is an age thing.

Do I feel its my club anymore, no not at all, but I am ok with that, it seems to be in good hands, and it wouldnt be much good stuck in the past not at all.

Paul Powers free kick beats the Aguero moment??????...............Not in a million fucking years and I was there for both! I was stood in the Holt End when Power's free kick swerved into that top corner and it was a great moment, especially beating at that time the mighty Ipswich managed by Bobby Robson. I was there against Gillingham, for Tueart's overhead kick at Wembley, all great moments but not one compares to when Aguero's shot hit the back of the net, not one for so many reasons.

Firstly it was our first title for FORTY FOUR YEARS and something I never thought I would live to see. We had come back against all the odds to even be in that position when all seemed lost,eight points behind the scum with six games to go. Then after appearing to have done all the hard work it looked like we had royally fucked it up needing two goals in five minutes. When that shot hit the back of the QPR net the world turned from a miserable gut churning grey to a glorious technicolour in the blink of an eye and myself and thousands of others were transported to a la la land from which we didn't return for months. Nothing for me will ever surpass that moment, nothing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.