Beer tokens

but clubs are not stopping drinking in stadiums so i don't understand why only on the concourse can you drink its not safe at halftime on the concourse its like a farmer rounding up the cattle for milking and feeding its like a stampede when the ref blows for halftime. the clubs have got to review the rules and one way or the other something must be done to stop the crush on the concourse and beer tokens is not the answer

I think the history was that the selling of alcohol was banned completely for a time in the 1970s. A compromise was agreed that allowed the sale of alcohol - so long as it wasn't consumed in sight of the game or the pitch. Hence this farce on the concourse. The real issue is the stampede before the match and at half time which clubs can't cope with. Need to sell beer in bottles or try fast pouring systems to meet very high demand in elastively short time frames. Allowing drinking in the seats would allow people to pop in and out during the 90 minutes of the game to buy drinks and would hugely increase sales. CCTV pretty much guarantees that there is rarely if ever any violence inside the ground.

I go to watch a football match not to have people 'pop in and out' during the game disturbing the whole row all the time.

I don't drink but in 93:20 there's so many empty seats I doubt it would be a problem but I take your point.

I think he means if you know it is a shit pint why buy it and waste your cash and taste buds and 10minutes of the game for the pleasure of drinking a shit pint :)
Absolutely spot on, first job is to sell us beer that is drinkable. If my local served up City's beer it would close down in a week. Don't buy it, is my advice. Go to Wetherspoons before and after the match, or better still get them to run the bars.

They tried it in the south stand last year, I asked the lad behind the bar if it was any better and he just shook his head. Instead you get to queue up twice now, brill.

they used to do this 2 season ago in the east stand and have had the signs up for it ever since then above the bars. you used to get a blue poker chip for a fosters and a yellow one for a strongbow. was a great idea and worked really well not sure why it was scrapped. you used to buy 4 tokens at a cheaper rate and could use them at any game if you didn't manage to use all 4 at the match

Yes it worked really well, hardly a queue and served very quick.

They brought it back in for the last few games of last season in the East stand level 1, if you never tried it, it may seem a daft idea but it works for all the people that want a pint. At the main bars you end up queuing behind someone who gets a coffee and a pie, not got a problem with that but it takes time pouring hot drinks.

The tokens are just for pints so it a quick queue and less people in the other queues result all round

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.