Benjamin Mendy

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Eslam elcity, 2 Mar 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaksinssoldier

Thaksinssoldier

It's only now people realise that Kante single handedly won a shite Leicester side the title, made Pogba look a 100 million player for France and is now bossing Chelsea to a title.

It's nonsense to say he wouldn't help us, when every bit of evidence says he's the best midfielder in world football right now. And Kante's stats probably dwarf both yaya and Dinho's across the board over the past 2 seasons tbh.

On Mendy, break the bank for him. Absolute quality.

2. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

He looks superb,technically and physically,and at 22,still has plenty of time to improve.

His stamina and strength really impressed last night,and in our side,supporting Sane,he'd be a revelation.

The downside,he's less than 12 months into a 5 yr deal.

3. PrezIke

PrezIke

4. ojeme

ojeme

Let's look at it this way. Assuming your stat is accurate (and I have no problems believing that it's accurate), it only highlights two different systems at work. One allows opposition some leeway around safe areas of the pitch and trusts the hard men to do what they have to do i.e. one system invites pressure the other kinda avoids it. This is why I believe we concede fewer chances compared to them. We do not need to read into that stat too much to determine whether we may need a Kante-type player as I reckon that every team will benefit from having Kante at their deepest midfielder including Madrid. I sincerely hope Stones will have a legendary career with us as he is one of ours but I will always criticize the idea of signing a player just because 'he is a Pep player'. We need to learn our lessons. Our defensive minded players should be apt both in their primary assignments and in their general football ability. We cannot compromise any in our quest to get the best talents but if you ask me, I think Kante has the skill level to do all the basics very well and still possesses the required DM skills and so I believe he wouldn't look lost in a team like ours

5. Dax777

Dax777

Verrati is nothing like Kante or Dr Hong. And no, not every team needs them. Frankly no team who has won the Champs league the last 5 years or been to a final, have players like that.

I'm not underating Kante, just saying not every team needs or utilizes a player like him. Some do and some don't.

6. fatbloke

fatbloke

Technically he's average at best, a left footed Micah Richards. His pace and power make him look better than he is.

7. Chipmeister

Chipmeister

Mangala type player

8. i♥city!

i♥city!

He is young, pacey and a workhorse, what's not to like about him? Pep would bring the best out of him if we sign him up.

9. Dax777

Dax777

Technically not great.

10. i♥city!

i♥city!

Victor moses isn't technically great yet he has been one of the best players for Chelsea this season, if you compare both players- Mendy comes out on top anytime, any day. Mendy would be a good signing for the team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.