Benjamin Mendy

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Eslam elcity, 2 Mar 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iamthemusicman

Iamthemusicman

We need prime Zabaleta. He'd be perfect.

2. WallyA

WallyA

I understand that, but you have to think of the team as a whole. Yes, as a wingback Sane has to be more defensive (and Sterling or whoever the other wingback is), but in turn we get an extra attacking player (say Jesus or Patrick Roberts) who can be added in, is this not worth it?

3. Blue warrior

Blue warrior

France football saying we're slapping in a bid for Benjamin Mendy Monaco £29 million.

4. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Worshipping the great bald one
    Plenty of pace but doesn't seem to have the footballing brain or passing ability to do what Guardiola wants from a fullback, bit of a run in straight lines merchant, I'd be surprised if this one was true.

5. Ric

Ric

I was pretty impressed with him when we played Monaco, think he'd be a good signing.

6. RandomJ

RandomJ

Mendy would be perfect. He's strong, he's fast, he's not a short arse and he can really cross a ball. Of all the LB's we've been linked with this is the one I want us to get the most.

7. blueparrot

blueparrot

That describes Mendy, but not sure it describes what Pep wants from his fullbacks, he rather a fullback that can tuck in and play as a midfielder. That's how he used Alaba and Lahm, rather that marauding overlapping fullbacks.

8. uwe rosler 28

uwe rosler 28

Signing 2 young attacking fullbacks might be ok in home games but away from home we will struggle especially if we haven't got the midfielders to keep hold of the ball. Look at arsenal and spurs both got attacking fullbacks and both teams have struggled away from home.

9. Akiva

Akiva

Fits the current media narrative of us bidding on half the Monaco squad.

Mendy would be a good pick at LB if Bernat or Grimaldo didn't work out. Would take him over Rose for our system, at least.

10. RandomJ

RandomJ

Perhaps but the last thing I want us to do is buy 2 midgets who might be able to pass a football but will get dominated at the far post on set pieces. Pep has his philosophy but he also needs to buy players that suit the league we are playing in. This league will always be physical and having two weak as fuck full backs will not help us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.