Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your right mate but to stop this mess happening, you should atleast structure their contracts to end in different transfer windows, which would allow the team to introduce replacements over time, without looking desperate....most of us on this forum saw this problem coming 2-3years ago and nothing was done. Having 4 aging FB's all being out of contract in the same summer and loan out your only backups, would seem to hand all the power in negotiations to the selling teams...

I still think(hope) we'll get Walker and Mendy but feel we made it alittle more difficult(expensive) than it could have been..

I agree that is why I mentioned the succession planning, I get a bit pissed off with the stick Txiki gets but I think in this case a bollock was dropped and hopefully we learn from it.

At least he didn't say "don't shoot the messenger'. I think in future all messengers should be shot.

Ha ha, definitely! In the last month we've had ITK's with friends/sources in the City "editing/image rights" dept, air traffic control, estate agents who book accommodation for the club, a proliferation of users containing the name 'Rosler' with 'reliable' friends at the club, and an assortment of other more established posters proclaiming that deals are done and dusted.
All I know is that we are now only 4 weeks from the start of the season, we still don't have any full backs, we're still (entirely predictably) being dicked about by both Arsenal and Spurs (and for the record I don't think we will get either the Sanchez or Walker 'done deals' over the line, if only because we are dealing with people who will not budge), and our pursuit of Mendy seems to be yielding only increasingly tedious tweets.
What I don't want is the club to get to a point that it becomes impossible (time wise) to pursue other targets, should the current difficulty with Walker, Sanchez and Mendy persist, and the daily round of "I've got a mate works at the club who reckons all done and dusted by [insert day of the week of your choice]....", is getting right on my tits in the meantime!
Uzi 9 millimetre!!!!!

The issue isn't that it is taking a while to get Mendy or Walker over the line. That's normal. I don't even blame txiki for Alves changing his mind and signing for PSG. But the total and utter failure to not invest in the full back positions for 5-6 years is mis-management of the highest order. Consequently, when you then end up looking to sign 3/4 full backs you end up paying a premium as people know you are desperate.

30 more sleeps and the wait will be over for the start of the season. We then have another 19 days to conclude our summer business (window closes at 2300 on Thursday, 31 August). Let's hope we are done and dusted well before then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.