Blackpool Vs Spurs Tonight (Merged)

MCFC BOB said:
didactic said:
We have never had all three fit at the same time. Did you see the Dzeko assist to Tevez and the one Tevez returned? This shows they now understand each others movement better and this doesnt matter if its Notts or Barcelona it is a good thing as they can compliment each other. Its a relationship that takes games to build and what we saw was very promising. How bout we think the opposite and that we slaughter Fulham and go on a 5 game unbeaten run while Wolves suprise Spurs like they did United? Better than the gloom and doom aye?
Yes, I did see. I was at the game. But until they do it consistently and not just in one game against lower league opoposition who were tired and already well beaten, I won't believe that they now understand each other. I said, after Dzeko's excellent performance on Sunday, that I'll wait until he plays to the same standard against a Premier League team, hopefully starting against Fulham on Sunday.

I'm annoyed, though. I've been shouted at on here for criticising Dzeko ever since his first game. "Give him some fucking time", "he's only been here for 5 second. Don't judge him yet." Yet, if I'd said he was world class from day one, people would quote me and post "this" until the word "this" didn't exist anymore. I hate how anyone who is negative has their point immediately thrown out of the forum window by a small bunch of positive, sunny, smiley all happy people who would be patting me on the back if I said 4th spot was secure. We're City fans! I'm enjoying this ride just as much as anybody else, but I have pessimism in my blood.

I can try and see it that way, but why get my hopes up? Expecting a win and getting a win isn't anywhere near as satisfying as winning games you thought you were going to struggle in. Like we're feeling tonight. Did anyone honestly think Blackpool would beat Tottenham? I sure as hell didn't, and look how happy we all are.

But the bottom line is that the race for fourth is finally over, so I'm not celebrating. I'm remaining cautious because something, somewhere along the line WILL go wrong. That's football; that's City.

Seems like that's your coping mechanism after being so let down so many times as we all have been, but this is a new City, I firmly believe that we are a better team man for man than Spurs. We strengthened siginificantly in the summer Spurs didn't.

That result has been coming for them, they got a lucky draw in the last minute against Newcastle, were very lucky to beat B'burn lost to Fulham comprehensively and snatched victory against Bolton at home. They are no where near as strong as the media will have you believe. (they know that Spurs are are only real threat to not getting the top 4)

I'm not saying 4th is a done deal, but we are favourites without a doubt. Keep the faith.

MCFC BOB said:
We have never had all three fit at the same time. Did you see the Dzeko assist to Tevez and the one Tevez returned? This shows they now understand each others movement better and this doesnt matter if its Notts or Barcelona it is a good thing as they can compliment each other. Its a relationship that takes games to build and what we saw was very promising. How bout we think the opposite and that we slaughter Fulham and go on a 5 game unbeaten run while Wolves suprise Spurs like they did United? Better than the gloom and doom aye?
Yes, I did see. I was at the game. But until they do it consistently and not just in one game against lower league opoposition who were tired and already well beaten, I won't believe that they now understand each other. I said, after Dzeko's excellent performance on Sunday, that I'll wait until he plays to the same standard against a Premier League team, hopefully starting against Fulham on Sunday.

I'm annoyed, though. I've been shouted at on here for criticising Dzeko ever since his first game. "Give him some fucking time", "he's only been here for 5 second. Don't judge him yet." Yet, if I'd said he was world class from day one, people would quote me and post "this" until the word "this" didn't exist anymore. I hate how anyone who is negative has their point immediately thrown out of the forum window by a small bunch of positive, sunny, smiley all happy people who would be patting me on the back if I said 4th spot was secure. We're City fans! I'm enjoying this ride just as much as anybody else, but I have pessimism in my blood.

I can try and see it that way, but why get my hopes up? Expecting a win and getting a win isn't anywhere near as satisfying as winning games you thought you were going to struggle in. Like we're feeling tonight. Did anyone honestly think Blackpool would beat Tottenham? I sure as hell didn't, and look how happy we all are.

But the bottom line is that the race for fourth is finally over, so I'm not celebrating. I'm remaining cautious because something, somewhere along the line WILL go wrong. That's football; that's City.

I understand and not having a go just feel sometimes we should look at he bright side of things as I feel things are turning in our favour. FOR ONCE.

MCFC BOB said:
I still think that this Blackpool win was a huge let off for us. Surely Mancini and the lads can see that we can lose our top 4 status a lot quicker than we can gain it. And unless we start to pick up our form Tottenham will continue to be a danger. Our form has rapidly deteriorated in the past two months, with only 3 wins out of the last 8 -- that is not top four form. On other days Tottenham will start to convert the chances they had tonight and pick up the points. Spurs won't win every game from now until the end of the season, but we won't either. And Chelsea are still snapping at our heels as well.

Be careful, Blues. This is a good night, but it could all be ruined in 5 days' time.
*glances at league table*

do one...

Blue Mooner said:
MCFC BOB said:

Seems like that's your coping mechanism after being so let down so many times as we all have been, but this is a new City, I firmly believe that we are a better team man for man than Spurs. We strengthened siginificantly in the summer Spurs didn't.

That result has been coming for them, they got a lucky draw in the last minute against Newcastle, were very lucky to beat B'burn lost to Fulham comprehensively and snatched victory against Bolton at home. They are no where near as strong as the media will have you believe. (they know that Spurs are are only real threat to not getting the top 4)

I'm not saying 4th is a done deal, but we are favourites without a doubt. Keep the faith.
Could you answer my point about Dzeko?

It is. I just have this feeling that Tevez will get injured, or Silva will get injured. You know?

I guess so. But I don't think there are 2 favourites for 3rd and 4th. City, Tottenham and Chelsea all have a great chance to get into the top 4.<br /><br />-- February 22nd, 2011, 11:14 pm --<br /><br />
bluetoo said:
MCFC BOB said:
I still think that this Blackpool win was a huge let off for us. Surely Mancini and the lads can see that we can lose our top 4 status a lot quicker than we can gain it. And unless we start to pick up our form Tottenham will continue to be a danger. Our form has rapidly deteriorated in the past two months, with only 3 wins out of the last 8 -- that is not top four form. On other days Tottenham will start to convert the chances they had tonight and pick up the points. Spurs won't win every game from now until the end of the season, but we won't either. And Chelsea are still snapping at our heels as well.

Be careful, Blues. This is a good night, but it could all be ruined in 5 days' time.
*glances at league table*

do one...
Fuck off.

We're two points away from losing automatic Champions League qualification. Two points that can be made up in 90 minutes of football.

*Looks into the possible future*

... do one.

Fuck off.

We're two points away from losing automatic Champions League qualification. Two points that can be made up in 90 minutes of football.

... do one.

Is that the possible future where the Mayan predicted the world would end in 2012? no point saving up for hols next year then eh?

Everyone else below us are at LEAST 2 points from automatic CL...you dont seem to get this crazy linear logic thing do you my little ray of sunshine?

*glances at league again*...yep...still there

bluetoo said:
Fuck off.

... do one.

Is that the possible future where the Mayan predicted the world would end in 2012? no point saving up for hols next year then eh?

Everyone else below us are at LEAST 2 points from automatic CL...you dont seem to get this crazy linear logic thing do you my little ray of sunshine?

*glances at league again*...yep...still there
No, it's the possible future where things MAY go wrong just like they always do. You know?

Oh sod it. YEAH WE'RE GONNA FINISH 1ST. WE'RE GONNA FINISH TEN POINTS CLEAR AND WIN EVERY GAME THAT WILL EVER HAPPEN EVER.

I'm done. Fuck this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.