Brahim Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Brahim is well past 5'5" already.

C2dwLsoWgAIjJAJ.jpg

Sakho is 6 foot 2. I'm not great at guessing heights from photos but Id say that's 6 inches shorter at most - putting Brahim around 5'8 and more than tall enough for the modern game.

Nah he's nowhere near 5'8 in my opinion. Sterling's 5'7/5'8 and you can see in training pics that he's smaller than him. He's smaller than Aguero too still who's about that height as well. Looks like Sakho is slightly crouched there. Plus, I saw Brahim in prson the other day and he looked substantially smaller than my dad who's 5'9 haha.

Pep's 5'11 apparently... I'd guess Brahim's an inch bigger than he was a year or two ago, defo, maybe 5'6.

brahim-pep.jpg

Think he's just growing to be honest. He's still only 17 after all...

It's easy to worry about Brahim's height etc but then you consider that this guy was only 5'5, and I think Brahim was that last year and is possibly an inch taller now. He's getting that same barrel-chested physique. When you add that to the fact that he's an impossibly tough little son of a gun then i've got no doubts that his physique will ever substantially hold him back.

article-2342093-1A20DC0E000005DC-78_306x423.jpg

Height is not the problem, if he can use the low point of gravity to his advantage, which he certainly seems to be able to. Put the muscle/weight he's put on is great, as it will make him even harder to bully him off the ball.

think the past 10/12 months have shown there is plenty for him to develop in his game, but that will come in time. The raw attributes are all there but I'd like to give him a slow build into the team.

Height is not the problem, if he can use the low point of gravity to his advantage, which he certainly seems to be able to. Put the muscle/weight he's put on is great, as it will make him even harder to bully him off the ball.
It's usually him trying to bully the other player off the ball (successfully more than not), he's an aggressive, persistent player. There's a lot of Tevez in him in that regard.

Looking ready for the next level now. Some great power shown in that video despite his stature.

He has the ability to maintain his speed even when running/dribbling with the ball. A skill that only the best players have and very Messi-esque.
Messinho - the little Messi.

That's the kiss of death.

Pace. Balance. Quick feet.

Since when has height ever been an issue for attacking midfielders/forwards like Brahim?

Thiago Alcantara 5'7
Mathieu Valbuena 5'5
Shaun Wright-Phillips 5'6
Ali Benarbia 5'7
Santi Cazorla 5'6
David Silva 5'7
Diego Maradona 5'5
Gianfranco Zola 5'6
Pedro 5'5
Lionel Messi 5'7
Alexis Sanchez 5'6
Sergio Agüero 5'8

This kid's what? 5'6/5'7 and still growing. He'll be fine.

Fair argument. I must say, brahim, foden and sancho do seem to be on another level. Don't know if you were at the Middlesbrough game on Friday but Foden was at the centre of everything, honestly just seemed to run the show along with Patching. Exciting times ahead I think

Sorry for the late reply but twosips has nailed it as far as what I meant.

I have no doubt Manu Garcia has loads of talent, but I'm more or less certain that if Brandon Barker, for instance, had been with Sané at Shalke, both would have been fast tracked into the first team.
Whatever happened next (one goes for 50 mil, one goes to Barnstoneworth reserves), is, imo, irrelevant. Both deserved instant promotion to the first team squad whilst on top form.

Manu Garcia, was an obviously talented kid, who was struggling to merit a starting place, in the kid's team, where we had a bunch of excellent performers.

Imo, you give the kids who deserve it, first chance. I can only imagine the thoughts of a kid who has excelled, for several years, seeing a kid who happens to speak same language to the CEO & manager, being promoted ahead of him, for no apparent reason.

The way it is these days, in all football, any kind of dissent is almost a sacking offence.

Personally, I'd have demanded to see the manager & if the reasons weren't good enough, told him to fuck off & to release me from contract, & looked for another club. And if we are breeding players who don't think like that, we are breeding comfortable losers imo.

It's one thing being too big for your boots, or not having the right moment where you could play, but completely another being snubbed, & passed over for no good reason, which imo is what has happened to a load of kids from our academy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.