Bundesliga 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much happened here lately. But I have just seen that they announced the matches for matchday 20up and know that there are some here that might be interested:

CzugmzEW8AA02eI.jpg

CzugvAKXAAAkee4.jpg

Czug7wNWEAAWuko.jpg

Went over to watch hertha a few weeks ago, was blown away by the stadium, the atmosphere and berlin itself. We are planning to go back to watch a game later on, possibly the dortmund game in march. As previously stated, berlin is a fantastic city steeped in history, well worth a trip as a cheap flight destination. Hope hertha hang in there but suspect it will be sixth or seventh, they lack a bit of quality.

Strange really, because as an outsider looking in, you would think that Leipzig smashing the cosy cartel, would benefit the other clubs, in the same way that City's emergence has indirectly created a more unpredictable Premier League, with 4 different teams being crowned Champions in the last 4 seasons.

Don't get me wrong - I've a lot of affection for Germany and the Bundesliga. But there is obviously this element of self-righteousness about the league in general that RB Leipzig rubs the wrong way.

Been watching them weekly and becoming a bit of a fan. Can't properly "support" anyone other than City, of course. But rooting for them and like watching them.

That Keita looks like a brilliant young player. Get him Txiki! That's your long term successor to Fernandinho there. Maybe a bit more offensively oriented but still looks like he'd be a great fit.

They are, and it shows how behind the times that league is. I don't remember Wolfsburg being so hated though.

Like us and Chelsea all over again.

City and Chelsea are called plastic by other fans and the standard reply by (at least City fans) is that you got a lot of history, are a well supported club etc.

Leipzig is as plastic as it gets as they there only founded to advertise a shit drink. Thats why they are so hated...

I dont think you should compare your club to this caliber of plastic.

City and Chelsea are called plastic by other fans and the standard reply by (at least City fans) is that you got a lot of history, are a well supported club etc.

Leipzig is as plastic as it gets as they there only founded to advertise a shit drink. Thats why they are so hated...

I dont think you should compare your club to this caliber of plastic.

Agree to an extent, but also there is this sense of knowing one's place that seems to pervade that league. Recall how we had to go every last yard to get KDB out of Wolfsburg, who were dutifully following the German rags' orders in keeping him ready to be sold on to them in a year.

Oh no! How dare this Leipzig club jump the line and disrupt our beloved order of things!

Do agree that Red Bull is a shit energy drink, certainly. Could never figure out how anyone could stand the taste.

Other than jumping the line on the establishment they are nothing like City or Chelsea. Didn't splash money on superstars. Just a bunch of high energy young players. Easy team to like for my part at least.

Comprehensively smothered a good Hertha side today. I hope they get a result against the German rags this midweek!

Don't get me wrong - I've a lot of affection for Germany and the Bundesliga. But there is obviously this element of self-righteousness about the league in general that RB Leipzig rubs the wrong way.

Been watching them weekly and becoming a bit of a fan. Can't properly "support" anyone other than City, of course. But rooting for them and like watching them.

That Keita looks like a brilliant young player. Get him Txiki! That's your long term successor to Fernandinho there. Maybe a bit more offensively oriented but still looks like he'd be a great fit.

What I’ve discovered on numerous trips is that most German football fans don’t actually know that much about City’s history of self inflicted farce (only English champions to be relegated etc) in the same way that most City supporters wouldn’t know that FC Nurnberg achieved the same feat during the 1968-69 Bundesliga season.

Similarly, study the agony of Schalke’s 2000-01 campaign which climaxed with arguably the reverse of 93:20

I’ve always tried to find a City angle, but in truth, there are lots of German teams that are vaguely reminiscent of our typically unpredictable and often inglorious history.

Paradoxically, most Germans seem to admire Union Berlin, yet when we visited, we found them to be extremely “self righteous" forever lecturing on their football purity.

I guess the answer is to go with an open mind and enjoy yourself.

Flying to Dusseldorf on Tuesday morning for Eintracht Frankfurt v Mainz, and then Cologne v Leverkusen the following evening.
We also thought it quite original to actually enjoy the German Markets in Germany rather than Buxton Precinct.
However, It’s only fair to admit to Bembeltown that my Eintracht record reads P4 W0 D2 L2 GS3 GA8

Ironically the first Eintracht goal I ever saw was a mistake by Bravo’s replacement at Barcelona, Ter Stegen, when he played for Monchengladbach. (playing out from the back would you believe)

Hoping to see both Eintracht and Cologne in Europe next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.