Bundesliga 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, you’re right, although I suspect that a few of us meeting personally has diluted the impact.

Rhineland has invited me to Koln v Frankfurt, but it’s sandwiched between our games at Arsenal and Chelsea, and if we beat Monaco, there’s a possibility that I might be returning to Germany shortly after.

On the flip side if I go to Koln, then I could possibly do Darmstadt v Leverkusen the following evening. This would help me catch you up, because I’m in Munich on a cricket weekend in May, (strangely, the immigration has created a cricket boom in Germany), and I’m hoping to arrange a trip to Ingolstadt v Leverkusen.

Alternatively, I’ve noticed that FSV Frankfurt are at home during the weekend of the International break.

Also, my Evertonian mate is pushing for a trip to either Kaiserslautern or Dynamo Dresden, which is perfectly feasible in mid April.

So yes, lots of embryonic plans, but nothing definite.

PS. I never even thought of Easter. We used to play Friday, Saturday, and Monday, but I don't even know which weekend it falls this time.

Yep, you’re right, although I suspect that a few of us meeting personally has diluted the impact.

Rhineland has invited me to Koln v Frankfurt, but it’s sandwiched between our games at Arsenal and Chelsea, and if we beat Monaco, there’s a possibility that I might be returning to Germany shortly after.

On the flip side if I go to Koln, then I could possibly do Darmstadt v Leverkusen the following evening. This would help me catch you up, because I’m in Munich on a cricket weekend in May, (strangely, the immigration has created a cricket boom in Germany), and I’m hoping to arrange a trip to Ingolstadt v Leverkusen.

Alternatively, I’ve noticed that FSV Frankfurt are at home during the weekend of the International break.

Also, my Evertonian mate is pushing for a trip to either Kaiserslautern or Dynamo Dresden, which is perfectly feasible in mid April.

PS. I never even thought of Easter. We used to play Friday, Saturday, and Monday, but I don't even know which weekend it falls this time.
Easter is mid April this year. City have Southampton away at 5.30 on the Saturday so I might give that a swerve.

Germany remains a more Christian country than the UK and they dont normally play any football on Good Friday so I might miss out on a day of football, but it means less time off work going that weekend.

Dresden is high on my list too and they're home that weekend, so hoping it falls kindly. Kaiserslautern is a great ground if you get the chance. Think they had 50,000 there the other week for the game against Stuttgart.

I'd like to get to FSV Frankfurt at some stage but might wait until that new Ryanair route starts. There are a few more teams not too far away I need to get to like Sandhausen, Heidenheim - so I can imagine making good use of that route in future, and to see Eintracht again of course.

This thread has died sadly. It's a shame because a lot has been happening. I've never had to go to page 4 of this forum to find the thread.

@Scaring Europe to Death @Alex-MCFC Any trips planned?

Hoping to go over myself at Easter to get Wolfsburg and a couple of teams from the old East depending how the fixtures fall. I'm expecting an announcement on the tv changes in the next 2 weeks so we'll see.

In case you missed it, Ryanair announced a new route between Manchester and Frankfurt with 6 flights a week starting later in the year. Just in time for the Champions League group stage @Bembeltown so sort your form out!

Nothing planned for me after my trip to watch the game against Bayern, and half of the U19's against Freiburg! Got my A-Levels this year, so I think I'll next be going over August time for whichever team we get in the Pokal. Really hoping for someone like Dresden, going to Aue was good as is anywhere in the old DDR, but the fact the ground was half building site half football ground, detracted a bit. By the way, I'd highly recommend the Ryanair route into Nürnberg - really hassle free, as the airport is pretty small. I'd saw the new Frankfurt route actually, it'll prove a godsend as we lack any routes really to the west of Germany with the low cost airlines.

It was actually really cool when I went over the other week, apart from the fact there were around 8,000 Bayern Schweine around. As I do the English media for the club and all the other stuff, they presented me with this shirt. The Scottish branch were also over, around 10 Raith Rovers fans, as Ingolstadt and Kirkcaldy are twinned.

sgpun5.jpg

If you need any help for the Ingolstadt game, give me a shout!

Nothing planned for me after my trip to watch the game against Bayern, and half of the U19's against Freiburg! Got my A-Levels this year, so I think I'll next be going over August time for whichever team we get in the Pokal. Really hoping for someone like Dresden, going to Aue was good as is anywhere in the old DDR, but the fact the ground was half building site half football ground, detracted a bit. By the way, I'd highly recommend the Ryanair route into Nürnberg - really hassle free, as the airport is pretty small. I'd saw the new Frankfurt route actually, it'll prove a godsend as we lack any routes really to the west of Germany with the low cost airlines.

It was actually really cool when I went over the other week, apart from the fact there were around 8,000 Bayern Schweine around. As I do the English media for the club and all the other stuff, they presented me with this shirt. The Scottish branch were also over, around 10 Raith Rovers fans, as Ingolstadt and Kirkcaldy are twinned.

sgpun5.jpg

Cheers mate.

We’re waiting for the TV schedule to be announced, but hopefully the Ingolstadt game will stay on the Saturday afternoon.

sgpun5.jpg

Have to say, thought you were a bit older than A levels! That makes me feel old you bastard.

It's great that Ingolstadt have involved/embraced you as they have.

I like Eintracht and 1860 but I'm not at the level of support you seem to be with Ingolstadt. Good on you for choosing a team and sticking with it. I'm too busy trying to get everywhere to settle on one. Even after Germany, there is Spain, Italy, France, and beyond etc.

Funny you should mention twin towns, as I'm hoping to get to Chemnitz (KarlMarxStadt) at some point. Twinned with Manchester and they play in Sky Blue (Die Himmel blauen?).

Have to say, thought you were a bit older than A levels! That makes me feel old you bastard.

It's great that Ingolstadt have involved/embraced you as they have.

I like Eintracht and 1860 but I'm not at the level of support you seem to be with Ingolstadt. Good on you for choosing a team and sticking with it. I'm too busy trying to get everywhere to settle on one. Even after Germany, there is Spain, Italy, France, and beyond etc.

Funny you should mention twin towns, as I'm hoping to get to Chemnitz (KarlMarxStadt) at some point. Twinned with Manchester and they play in Sky Blue (Die Himmel blauen?).
It short of just happened, and I've been hooked ever since! I think it helps knowing the main fans, so to speak. Going to the 'Ultras' room is some experience, especially when there are Augsburg, St. Pauli, Eintracht etc scarfs around - If you know what I mean! Knowing those sort of people makes getting merchandise and tickets a lot more easy, just comes to show how much more open German football is compared to over here.

The less said about today, the better.

I have other teams in other countries that I 'follow' - Racing Santander, as they were my first Euro away, but none to the same extent as Ingolstadt.

Most people say that about me! Still, with the beard, I've been able to get away buying pints for a while now. Been in the round at City since the start of last season ;) Not that the bar staff would refuse anyone, mind!

After going to Aue, I've really wanted to do a lot more of the old DDR - Chemnitz isn't too far from Aue, most Germans I'm sure will tell you, that the Erzgebirge region in itself is rather strange. I actually know an Aue ultra, they seem to be everyone's second team in Germany; bar Dynamo and Chemnitz! Funny thing about Chemnitz, I remember watching them against Lautern on the TV this season when over for the Pokal. I really enjoy watching the 3. Liga, some real good teams down there.

I don´t really write a lot here anymore as I felt people (other than the usual suspects) lost interest, but if people are interested I can continue to post updates on whats happening in German football.

There are really a lot of grounds worth a visit if you look past the Buli 1 and 2. Lots of "old school" clubs and grounds and the East of Germany is always worth a trip as well.

Magdeburg and Dresden would be on the top of my recommendations (Dresden as a city is beautiful as well).

@Scaring Europe to Death: Told you already back in December that you need to tick off K-Town. I absolutely love their ground and I am pretty sure that you will like it as well.

Bah, I feel dirty now for beeing positive about the Lautern piggies. :o)

Talking about Dresden: There was some incident with St.Pauli fans a couple days back when Dresden played in Hamburg.

Dresden fans claim to be very passionate about their club and in Germany you can literally say that they are "fire and flame/burning" for their club (hard to translate, but I guess you know what I mean)

When Dresden played away at St.Pauli the home fans unveiled a banner which read "Already your parents and grandparents were burning/on fire for Dresden" which was a reference to the air raids on Dresden 72 years ago. Obviously the shit storm against St.Pauli was immense...

I don´t really write a lot here anymore as I felt people (other than the usual suspects) lost interest, but if people are interested I can continue to post updates on whats happening in German football.

There are really a lot of grounds worth a visit if you look past the Buli 1 and 2. Lots of "old school" clubs and grounds and the East of Germany is always worth a trip as well.

Magdeburg and Dresden would be on the top of my recommendations (Dresden as a city is beautiful as well).

@Scaring Europe to Death: Told you already back in December that you need to tick off K-Town. I absolutely love their ground and I am pretty sure that you will like it as well.

Bah, I feel dirty now for beeing positive about the Lautern piggies. :o)

Talking about Dresden: There was some incident with St.Pauli fans a couple days back when Dresden played in Hamburg.

Dresden fans claim to be very passionate about their club and in Germany you can literally say that they are "fire and flame/burning" for their club (hard to translate, but I guess you know what I mean)

When Dresden played away at St.Pauli the home fans unveiled a banner which read "Already your parents and grandparents were burning/on fire for Dresden" which was a reference to the air raids on Dresden 72 years ago. Obviously the shit storm against St.Pauli was immense...

Blimey!

It’s not as though Hamburg didn’t suffer itself from fire storms.

That’s bad taste from St Pauli, who I’ve started to dislike for all sorts of trivial reasons, but mainly because whenever I visit, I always feel as though I’m being lectured.

Similarly, the Union “we built our own ground” Berlin ultras might soon be enjoying a local derby against Hertha, (although the Offside Trap is a great football pub).

Personally, I think the Winter Break dilutes this thread, especially as it clashes with our Christmas matches and the FA Cup. Almost overnight, the page seems dated.

Anyway, Eintracht and Koln need to get their act together, as both are slipping out of the european places.

City getting knocked out of the Champions League is disappointing, but frees up some money and time for holidays.

Just booked for Wolfsburg v Ingolstadt and Union Berlin v Kaiserslautern over Easter. Wolfsburg is the final ground in the Bundesliga for me so will be nice to complete the set. Its also the 3rd time I'll have seen Ingolstadt too @Alex-MCFC - does that put me ahead of you?

Union seem to be going we in Bundesliga Zwei, so a good chance to have two Berlin clubs in the Bundesliga next season.

It'll leave me with 7 grounds left in Bundesliga 2 so I guess thats the next target!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.