Bundesliga 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decent goal by Süle for Hoffenheim tonight. Well worth a watch.

Looks like the top 4 are breaking away a little which is a shame. Would rather Hertha, Frankfurt or Köln had sneaked in. Seasons not over but there's a bit of a gap now.

Hoffenheim have a decent stadium but it's in the middle of nowhere. On the flip side Süle and Rudy are off to Bayern so would be a weakened side. Remains to be seen how long they can keep hold of Nagelsman too.

I realise City haven't qualified yet!

The Bayern monopoly over the top Bundesliga talents continues.

I think had they not got the current midfield they have at the moment Dahoud would have been a very likely target.

Good job we got Sane when we did.

Are other German fans bothered about Bayern buying up any decent young player in the league? It looks like they'll not be challenged in the foreseeable future. I know over here that everyone should hate them. Are Bayern disliked by the fans of other clubs, or do they just not care as it is inevitable that they'll sign these players? I know i dislike them, and it's not because of the recent history between our clubs, or comments made by their ex players.

Are other German fans bothered about Bayern buying up any decent young player in the league? It looks like they'll not be challenged in the foreseeable future. I know over here that everyone should hate them. Are Bayern disliked by the fans of other clubs, or do they just not care as it is inevitable that they'll sign these players? I know i dislike them, and it's not because of the recent history between our clubs, or comments made by their ex players.

Thats a difficult question:
For me personally its my own club which counts and Eintracht Frankfurt is "bigger than everything else". I dont care much about the reputation of the Bundesliga outside of Germany or how German teams do in Europe (unless its Frankfurt obviously) as long as we keep the amount of CL and EL spots which we have at the moment.

I dont really care a lot about the national team either. Sure winning the WC was nice, but if I had to choose between Frankfurt getting to play the Champions League or the National Team winning the WC my choice would have been the CL every time.

I am not even sure if I "hate" Bayern, I have a strong dislike against their gloryhunting plastic fans from outside Munich/Bavaria, I cant stand their "Fergie Time/Bayern luck" in winning games in the last minute and I can´t stand the Hoeness/Beckenbauer hypocrites.

Other than that them buying players doesnt really bother me much, because as you said it is inevitable that Frankfurt is not able to hold on to good players in the long run.

However if Bayern doesnt buy them it will be Dortmund etc. Bayern always gets shit for buying other clubs players, but Dortmund does exactly the same.

Sure in the long run it would be nice to see 4 teams challenging for the title in a close race, but as long as Frankfurt is not involved I couldnt care less who wins the league (ideally not Leipzig, but thats another story).

For me personally it is more important to establish Frankfurt as a permanent member of the Bundesliga again without having to worry about getting relegated and with a perspective to improve season after season. Once we are back in the top 4 I will bother thinking about Bayern. ;)

Some different topic: Frankfurt currently seem to have plans to increase the capacity of standing terraces from 10000 to around 19000. Overall capacitiy would go up from 51500 to 60000.

2-1 now.

Absolute cracker brewing here.

For those not in tune with Aintree and Augusta i strongly suggest you watch this one even though the title is long won.

2-1 now.

Absolute cracker brewing here.

For those not in tune with Aintree and Augusta i strongly suggest you watch this one even though the title is long won.

Is a good game. That Dembele looks dangerous for BD, but his end product is absolutely shocking.

Fully expect us to make a bid this summer ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.