Bundesliga review part 2. the new one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gutted that we have to play relegation. If you had asked me 4 weeks ago I would have been more than happy to play the 3rd team in league two instead of going down, but after yesterday I am just completely tilted.

Anyway...next stop Nürnberg.

My Everton-supporting mate informs me that a summer tournament has already been organised, involving Everton ,Dynamo Dresden,Werder Bremen, and Real Betis.
Do you know if this will definitely be staged in Dresden?
Definitely in Dresden. I saw the tweet on Everton's twitter account and they confirmed it. They play Dresden on the first game day.

In other news, Christian Heidel already working his magic at Schalke. Naldo picked up on a free from Wolfsburg; looks like a potential exodus from Volkswagen land.

A bad week for Schanzer. After da Costa and Hasenhuttl announced they were off (and Danilo but who cares) it looks like Ozcan is off to Leverkusen as back up. We have Nyland however, who looks a capable back-up. Although I do think we need to strengthen a fair bit this season, it's going to be interesting to see how Kauczinski re-models the side or if he does that at all.

You were desperately unlucky yesterday @Bembeltown. Bremen didn't do too much, it was on TV over here. Unfortunately I do fancy Nuremberg to beat you; either way it's going to be some atmosphere at both games. Also hope Wurzburg go up, I've watched their results a bit since last summer and it's been quite interesting to see their rise. We get a decent coverage of the 3. Liga here; or should I say the 3. Liga and Sportschau YouTube channels put up highlights of every game down there.

I actually think that we deserved to lose as we were so passive and trying to keep them out as much as possible. Usually this backfires and this was just another prime example. :(

The matches against Nürnberg will be intense and I honestly have no clue about the outcome, but I somehow hope that we manage to stay in.

Relationship between Ultras Nürnberg and Our lot is not the best, so this will contribute to what I predict to be a very heated atmosphere.Distance between Nürnberg and Frankfurt is manageable as well, even on a Thursday evening so I expect a lot of away fans from both sides and hopefully sold out grounds.

Would be a huge blow if we go down, especially as Hannover and Stuttgart will aim for direct promotion as well. They have the same financial power as us, so the competition for the 2 direct promotion spots would be insane especially if you factor in that Kaiserslautern, Düsseldorf, Pauli etc. are around as well. Will be pretty hard to get out there again...

Although I do think we need to strengthen a fair bit this season, it's going to be interesting to see how Kauczinski re-models the side or if he does that at all.

He s from Gelsenkirchen and so an expert for remodeling ;o)))

Hilarious scenes at the Rattenball Promotion event. The German band "Silly" was supposed to perform at the event and the band members all showed up in kits of Union Berlin, Dynamo Dresden, Hansa Rostock and and FC Magdeburg while on stage.

Hannover v Braunschweig and Stuttgart v Karlsruhe will be interesting next season. I made the mistake of telling some Stuttgart fans I was going to Karlsruhe the day after our pre-season friendly and they got pretty angry explaining why I shouldn't bother. Seems quite an intense rivalry that one.

I still don't understand the Regionaliga promotion situation. Why does the South West always get 2 play off spots whereas the others only get one? Surely it would be better to give it to whichever 2nd place got the most points or rotate which league gets two spots....

Anyway - good to see Waldhof Mannheim in with a chance after Hoffenheim attracted (stole) a generation of their potential supporters away. I've passed through Mannheim a couple of times and its always looked like quite a nice city (I could be wrong about that), but it certainly seemed big enough to support a Bundesliga club. Looking at the other possibilities, I've had my eye on a trip to Regensburg for the past year so hopefully they can get up too.

I'm sure @Bembeltown is gutted Kickers Offenbach have missed out once again!

Hannover v Braunschweig and Stuttgart v Karlsruhe will be interesting next season. I made the mistake of telling some Stuttgart fans I was going to Karlsruhe the day after our pre-season friendly and they got pretty angry explaining why I shouldn't bother. Seems quite an intense rivalry that one.

Yes, Hannover and Braunschweig is also a historic rivalry of two cities.
Stuttgart and Karlsruhe is also a rivalry of two german tribes.

I still don't understand the Regionaliga promotion situation. Why does the South West always get 2 play off spots whereas the others only get one? Surely it would be better to give it to whichever 2nd place got the most points or rotate which league gets two spots....

The South west contains four german states, a much bigger area than the other divisions, representing much more football clubs. The joke is more, that bavaria has a division of its own, which was politics by the bavarian FA when the divisions were introduced.

Population round about

South west 21,8 Million

West 17.6 million

East 15,9 million

North 13 million

Bavaria 12,6 million

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.