Canada travel tips

KingCarlito

Going to be working near Banff for 2 months in the summer, thinking of adding in a little bit of travel whilst over there.

I want to get back for the football season, so any travelling would probably be done before I start working. Has anyone got any advice for around the Banff area or Canada as a whole? Good restaurants, hotels, transport?

Cheers

Head west and hit whistler/ Blackcomb, then follow the river to Vancouver. Great drive and beautiful City, or just stay around Banff, more to do there than you could fit into a year

Dunno but send me pics of milk in a bag, still fucking freaks me out that stuff :-)

I just can't get my head around it, it is milk...but in a bag...but it's milk, i just can't process this.

Have a lovely time mate, sorry no tips here beyond go try hire an authentic canoe (hand made by the craftsmen there) and go down a river.
Seen it on Ray Mears show once and looked like something that should be on my bucket list.

Too long since I was there to give any hotel tips but it's one gorgeous area you're visiting and I agree with idahoblues: you could happily spend all your time in and around Banff.
If you have the time though, Vancouver is well worth a visit and I very much enjoyed Vancouver Island too.

The Calgary Stampede is on in July (http://www.calgarystampede.com/stampede) which you will either want to visit or make sure you avoid! Hotels etc likely to be booked well in advance and more expensive than usual.

You could do a few weeks through the Rockies ending up in Banff. Vancouver, Whistler, Tyax, Jasper. A beautiful part of the world with plenty of outdoorsy things to do.

Go and don't come back Canada is stunning I've been to Banff, lake Louise and whistler I'd live there in a heartbeat

Go and don't come back Canada is stunning I've been to Banff, lake Louise and whistler I'd live there in a heartbeat

This is why I'm going pal, open my eyes to where I want to try and get a job in a few yrs and settle down. Australia, Russia and Dubai are also on the list.

Thanks for the suggestions so far, keep em coming. Also, anyone know the best means of transport from Calgary/Banff over to Vancouver??

This is why I'm going pal, open my eyes to where I want to try and get a job in a few yrs and settle down. Australia, Russia and Dubai are also on the list.

Thanks for the suggestions so far, keep em coming. Also, anyone know the best means of transport from Calgary/Banff over to Vancouver??
I was there a couple of years back and agree with what everyone else said. It's a fantastic country. I drove from Vancouver to Banff with one overnight stop on the way. Absolutely loved it. On the way back we drove from Banff to Calgary and took a flight over to Victoria on Vancouver Island. Stayed in Victoria which us a really chilled small city with good hotels, restaraunts and bars, then spent a week in Tofino. You didn't say what your interests are but if you like beach life and boats Tofino is great. If you fish then you will think you are in heaven. We liked Vancouver and the surrounding area. Lots to see and do but watch out for the Rag pub on the main tourist street. You really can't go wrong. Watch out for Grizzlies though and no I'm not joking!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.