Car accident. Who's fault ?

Southern

I would like some advice/opinions

Couple of months back, whilst turning my car into my driveway from the road (a main road), the car from behind hit me. I was hit on the passenger side. I had slowed down with the break lights and given indicator a very good distance before making the maneouvre.

She (a young, and seemingly inexperienced driver) is not accepting liability. My insurance company not being very supportive. This has gone on for a couple of months. When speaking to my company today, apparently, she now wants me to take full liability, which even the Insurance advisor says is not on.

Thoughts?

If you've been hit from behind then in 99.9% of cases it's the other driver's fault & this doesn't sound like one of the 0.1% where it's not. If you were reversing out then it might well be your liability but not if you were turning in.

The problem is that sometimes insurers can't be bothered fighting and just agree a knock-for-knock arrangement whereby each side pays its own costs. Get onto them, speak to someone senior and tell them to get their arse in gear or you will make a formal complaint. You might also want to think about getting a solicitor involved and tell them (your insurer) that you will pass the charges onto them unless they do what they're paid to do.

Last edited:
I would like some advice/opinions

Couple of months back, whilst turning my car into my driveway from the road (a main road), the car from behind hit me. I was hit on the passenger side. I had slowed down with the break lights and given indicator a very good distance before making the maneouvre.

She (a young, and seemingly inexperienced driver) is not accepting liability. My insurance company not being very supportive. This has gone on for a couple of months. When speaking to my company today, apparently, she now wants me to take full liability, which even the Insurance advisor says is not on.

Thoughts?

Unless she has a dashcam or a witness, she has absolutely no proof that you didn't give an indication for your manoeuvre and in any case she must not have been paying attention or was driving too close if she's hit you
You may have made an emergency stop and she clobbered you up the arse, that would have been her at fault. So to drive into the side of your vehicle!!
I don't understand why your insurers are reluctant in perusing her for total liability
As PB said, tell your insurer that you are not accepting any liability at all and threaten the formal complaint

As a matter of interest, who is your insurer?

As a matter of interest, who is your insurer?

LV is the insurer. And yes, I am quite sure she was driving too close to me and not paying attention. What worries me (maybe more for her really) is that I sense she lacks the insight that she was driving incompetently.

On a positive note, it has made me doubly careful when driving, and at least the collision was relatively minor.

LV is the insurer. And yes, I am quite sure she was driving too close to me and not paying attention. What worries me (maybe more for her really) is that I sense she lacks the insight that she was driving incompetently.

On a positive note, it has made me doubly careful when driving, and at least the collision was relatively minor.

I'm insured with LV and am really surprised with your issue
I had a car hit me from behind at a roundabout and LV were really good is sorting everything, from the car being collected for repair and the courtesy car being provided

I'm insured with LV and am really surprised with your issue
I had a car hit me from behind at a roundabout and LV were really good is sorting everything, from the car being collected for repair and the courtesy car being provided

Actually found them initially very unhelpful. But since the other side apparently wants me to take full liability, could that work in my favour?

Hit from behind...by the letter of the law the other party is driving without due care and attention...case closed...

Her fault. Her fault. Her fault. All day every day. Doesn't matter if you indicated, braked late or handbrake turned in the road. If she wasn't far enough behind to not hit you/ take evasive action then it's her fault.

As PB says, get onto the insurance head honcho and moan your tits off.

Chances are she was texting or on Facebook. Whatever; it is her fault.

On my daily commute I get sick of the number of people I see directly behind me clearly on their phone, and not paying any attention to the road. Left turns are not too bad as I can usually get round the corner quick enough, but right turns do worry me when the idiot behind is on their phone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.