Car accident. Who's fault ?

Have you been watching those Saw movies again ;-)

lol are you the fucker that keeps looking through my curtains, i had just watched a gore movie, well maniac cop 2 since i missed it as a kid, my sister bust the vhs cassette of it.

I dislike her, but that's a bit extreme, no?

I agree with where you're coming from though. No one wants to take any responsibility these days

Hehe, i don't really mean it. I do think she needs a proper wake up call though like her best mate slapping her or summat. Then going on to explain that is exactly what nearly killed someone they love or worse leading to her mates shunning her or something. The lass needs it brought home her actions then could have led to a death and no matter how much she acts the innocent tit nobody can absolve her of her responsibilities in life. That the fact she may have to cough up in some form should be seen as the best outcome and should be happy it is only that. I would pay it with a smile on my face knowing how bad life can change in an instant, as do most people.

Doesnt matter. She was behind him. therefore observing what is in front. He drove normally if as described. It can only be her fault; speed limits, braking distances and so gaps between cars, all the things in the highway code mean it is only, and can only be, her fault. How insurers as businesses deal with it though is between them I suppose
The only way the OP could be at fault, given we know he was hit on the passenger side, is if he pulled over to the right to get a better angle into a tight drive on the left, and did so without indicating. Basically it might be seen as his fault if he appeared to be parking on the right. If he was indicating left throughout this procedure, as he should have been, then he can't possibly be at fault.

Take nothing for granted,I've just lost my case in court after a car reversed into me while stationary and then said I drove into the back of him 12000 payout for him.Dashcams the way forward but photos and witnesses needed, unfortunately I had none of them(well pissed off)

40 years ago a car came through a red light into my car. Only witness was my passenger. Insurers were settling for knock for knock until she sued me. Went to court though it was hard to understand how the other driver thought she (sorry....) could win.

I told the judge I'd been doing 40 (in a 30 zone) but had slowed before the junction as my normal practice was to turn right there if the lights changed to red but further on if they stayed on green.

My passenger supported my account. Judge said that I was a very good actor or a very good liar or was telling the truth. He decided I was telling the truth but found me 5% responsible for not seeing her coming. Her insurers paid 100% of claim.

You might have to sue. Going to court is always a last resort but just the threat would concentrate minds. But tell your insurer that you will if they won't. I'm not sure you need a solicitor. Just small claims court and tell the truth.

(If you've not added legal costs cover to your motor insurance it might be in your house insurance.)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.