Cashless Payment "City Card"

This is a great idea that would speed up service at bars.
I have been to Bayern Munich for a bundesliga game and seen this work well,the only problem was having to get the card in the first place.
If we could put this on season cards and be able to add cash to the card online it would be great.

Think I suggested similar 2 or 3 years ago on some survey.
Have the separate card or have credit on season card.
But give say 5% discount - less cash to handle / lose / manage for the bar staff will save costs.
Could have discount promotional on certain foods or drinks or combos - pie and a pint.
Could have extra discount for early entry say 10% off 1 hour before kickoff.

Think I suggested similar 2 or 3 years ago on some survey.
Have the separate card or have credit on season card.
But give say 5% discount - less cash to handle / lose / manage for the bar staff will save costs.
Could have discount promotional on certain foods or drinks or combos - pie and a pint.
Could have extra discount for early entry say 10% off 1 hour before kickoff.

Could have extra discount for after match drinks and food....bingo that's early leavers sorted!

Yes if it provided a discount like the London Underground offer for contact less v cash, could take off. If they bung on to seasoncards though would hope that they use some decent plastic rather than the tosh that was used last year.

With contactless cards I don't really see the point.

If for some reason you were to introduce it, it should be on your seasoncard and it should top up automatically like an oyster card, and you should be able to use it in all the club shops and the tram etc.

They should also introduce self-serve pumps and you swipe this card to pour yourself a pint, saves time.

I answered that unless there was a discount for using the City card it was a waste of time as there already is a facility for contactless debit cards. City points are not an incentive
I also pointed out the scenario of a supporter attempting to purchase who hasn't enough cash loaded onto the card and the hassle that would create

^ Those wnating a "discount" for using the card should realise that they will prpbably keep the prices as they currently are, just put them up for cash - so your "discount" is paying last season prices ;) Card users gain nothing, and everyone else has to pay even more!

Personally i think a card is daft, but then again i don't buy food/drink at the ground. As for giving city points - talk about bribery! (And yes i know city points are not ticket points..)

They did a trial a few seasons ago in the north level 2. Seemed ok and prices were left as normal with no increases.

After the trial I heard no more about it. As with most people it will work for some, not others. I don't remember seeing any difference in waiting times. If you want serving faster its the ones serving at the counter that need looking at. Not the actual payment process.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.