City interested in CB Lucas Hernandez?

Atletico Madrid centre-back Lucas Hernandez (20) is among Pep Guardiola's top targets to rebuild City's defence next summer. [Daily Mail]

Hernandez, who has a £33m release clause, impressed City scouts for Atletico against Barcelona in the CL and can also play left-back. [Mail]

This would be a gamble, obviously a promising player but he's played only 30 first team games in a team with outstanding defensive organisation and great protection for the centre-backs.

Not sure another young centre-back is what we need anyway.

This would be a gamble, obviously a promising player but he's played only 30 first team games in a team with outstanding defensive organisation and great protection for the centre-backs.

Not sure another young centre-back is what we need anyway.
At Madrid have someone called savic in defence he looks useful

I know it will invite howls of protest from the footballing modernistas, but given all the problems we've had dealing with long high balls this season, the last thing I want to see is another short arsed centre half (at just 6ft he's the same height as Otamendi) trying to run round in front of bigger opposition forwards like Otters and Kolarov have been doing, and getting continually 'rolled'. We don't have to engage the services of a Robert Huth/Ryan Shawcross style cart horse, but given Kompany's ongoing injury problems, someone physically imposing should be as much a consideration as the ability to dribble the ball out of defence
this.

Yep,
I know it will invite howls of protest from the footballing modernistas, but given all the problems we've had dealing with long high balls this season, the last thing I want to see is another short arsed centre half (at just 6ft he's the same height as Otamendi) trying to run round in front of bigger opposition forwards like Otters and Kolarov have been doing, and getting continually 'rolled'. We don't have to engage the services of a Robert Huth/Ryan Shawcross style cart horse, but given Kompany's ongoing injury problems, someone physically imposing should be as much a consideration as the ability to dribble the ball out of defence

Plus 1 100%. It's why Stones was the wrong buy at the time to partner Otamendi (Kompanys gone I'm afraid).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.