City interested in CB Lucas Hernandez?

Out of interest, what height or how big were the CB's they played beside? We lack a dominant CB without Kompany so I agree no small centre backs.
Pique is about 6-4, Thuram, who partnered Cannavaro at Parma and Juve was 6-1. For me it's not so much about height as jumping ability and strength. Gabriel Jesus is only around 5-10 but look at his leap yesterday to beat taller defenders.

Out of interest, what height or how big were the CB's they played beside? We lack a dominant CB without Kompany so I agree no small centre backs.

LB has answered that question. Just to add Costacurta wasn't the biggest (5'11"), Maldini was 6'1", Nesta was 6'1 1/2"

LB has answered that question. Just to add Costacurta wasn't the biggest (5'11"), Maldini was 6'1", Nesta was 6'1 1/2"

Pique is about 6-4, Thuram, who partnered Cannavaro at Parma and Juve was 6-1. For me it's not so much about height as jumping ability and strength. Gabriel Jesus is only around 5-10 but look at his leap yesterday to beat taller defenders.

Ye, they don't have to be goliaths, as long as they're athletic and solid to hold their own and rise above forwards, I agree But I do feel we should have at least one who is Kompany size. Unless the big man himself can get back permanently. Cover all bases because when Lukaku or Costa come to town, Stones/Kolarov/Otamendi can be beaten just by strength. It gave Chelsea their equaliser out of nothing.

Of course they have to be strong but not particularly tall. If you can read the game as well then that can make up a lack of height dis-advantage.

Of course they have to be strong but not particularly tall. If you can read the game as well then that can make up a lack of height dis-advantage.

Do you feel Stones can put on muscle mass whilst maintaining his current athleticism? I remember Kompany doing it around the same age as Stones so I may hold out on him until he beefs up but one difference Kompany had was desire and aggression. Komps always had that regardless of size whilst Stones doesn't. Gone on a tangent a little but intrigued to see how Stones will progress from here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.