City Player Of The Season so far

It's a toughie because that triangle of Kev, Dinho and our Dave has been pivotal when played.
“Hello hello hello
We’ve got the best midfield in the world
Hello hello hello
We’ve got the best midfield in the world
We’ve got Kevin de Bruyne
That boy David Silva
And behind them FernandinhooOoo”

KDB by some distance

And if he doesn’t win the player of the season, as there appears to be a growing campaign to give it Salah, It will tell us everything we’ve always suspected
How does anyone know if there’s a campaign for Salsh to win POTS? The league’s players vote for it and I haven’t heard any player even hint at who they may be voting for or even mention the topic.

De Bruyne has been our player of the season.

There have been three outstanding players in the Prem this season - De Bruyne, Salah and Kane (in that order).

With regards to our team, I would say it’s:

1.De Bruyne
2.Ederson - his impact shouldn’t be understated
3.D Silva
4.Sterling
5.Otamendi/Walker

KDB by some distance

And if he doesn’t win the player of the season, as there appears to be a growing campaign to give it Salah, It will tell us everything we’ve always suspected

I caution you not to read Carragher's piece in today's Telegraph.

How does anyone know if there’s a campaign for Salsh to win POTS? The league’s players vote for it and I haven’t heard any player even hint at who they may be voting for or even mention the topic.

I was referring to the media and the general chat I read on social media. Don’t know if they’ve already voted but it may plant a seed in some players heads, after all there’s a lot of them who probably can’t think for themselves!!

There is more than 1 award anyway. There’s the football writers and the sponsors award I think. KDB should win the lot

And whilst I’m on it Sane should walk the young player award and none of this nonsense about giving the manager award to someone who managed to keep some no hopers up... Pep is the man

KDB POTY
Sane YPOTY
Pep MOTY

Interestingly there’s been a lot of media talking up Aguero recently. Maybe he’ll be in the POTY running?

Do not give manager of the year to Dyche, Eddie Howe, Puel for goodness sake! It has to be Pep!

If we finish the season in the same fashion as we've been playing, to pick a player from another team would be odd to say the least

KDB
Ederson
Silva
Kun
Fern
Sane
Stirling
Otamendi
Walker
Delph
Bernardo
Stones

It says much that you could make a cogent case for most of those players to be our player of the year. KDB is a little step above the others though.

Last edited:
KDB POTY
Sane YPOTY
Pep MOTY

Interestingly there’s been a lot of media talking up Aguero recently. Maybe he’ll be in the POTY running?

Do not give manager of the year to Dyche, Eddie Howe, Puel for goodness sake! It has to be Pep!

I think this time it’d be impossible to overlook a title winning City manager without making the whole process look petty, bitter and frankly downright ridiculous, so I think Pep will win. Kev and Leroy should win both the senior and junior awards, but they won’t. Of the two I’d suggest Leroy has the better chance, but if they’re up against anything resembling legitimate competition, as Kev is in the shape of Salah and Kane, then they’ve got no chance

We've had a few standout performers but without question it's Kevin.

The debate for runner up could go on for months!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.