City v Arsenal friendly post match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brendan110_0 said:
Ric said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
I wasn't ridiculing anyone in particular. I was being topical, like Ben Elton.

Fair enough.

Just feels to me like some people (and trust me there are plenty worse than you for this) seem more intent on either being a bit controversial, or ridiculing other City fans.

Not sure why people feel the need to do so, but each to their own. Why not discuss specifics like adults?!

For instance, what are your thoughts on the high line/pressing game employed by Pellegrini so far?

I've watched all the pre-season games and haven't seen any sign of us pressing for the ball! Certainly not for sustained periods anyway, It's quite clear without Aguero we'll struggle to score goals. Playing a high line means the defenders have to communicate very well, that's a big fat fail so far.

Seriously??? Its been quite obvious for me, I've never seen Nasri & Silva (2 examples) chasing people down so high up the pitch. Although I agree about the hignline, think that just needs a little work with either Yaya or Fernandinho being soting their attacking/defending priorities.

I don't think we have too much to worry about, the team is stronger than last year and the players mindset will be different when the season kicks off. Friendlies are there to make adjustments, check formations and players and that is all they are about nothing more. Losing to Arsenal is no big deal, we still have time to tweak the team with Newcastle, Cardiff and Hull our first three games.

PAUL3RGJ said:
I don't think we have too much to worry about, the team is stronger than last year and the players mindset will be different when the season kicks off. Friendlies are there to make adjustments, check formations and players and that is all they are about nothing more. Losing to Arsenal is no big deal, we still have time to tweak the team with Newcastle, Cardiff and Hull our first three games.
3RGJ.......good Lord, how old are you?

:-)

Leaking the amount of goals we have in the last three games, in the manner they were conceded (quick bursts), is a little unsettling at the mo.

My main concern from yesterday is that we seem susceptible to long balls over our high-line defence; and it was also a problem against Milan. This may improve as the defence gets a better understanding but to me it looks like a major weakness unless all four defenders have the pace of Keith Curle. If an opponent gets ahead of his marker and is free on goal then it's down to Joe or taking a red card. And it's OK saying Nasty and Clichy aren't slow, but that's not good enough. All defenders have to be fast when there's that much space behind the defence. All the training together over the next few weeks won't turbocharge the players.
My other concern is failing to score in spite of having so much possession. Last season we scored 27 league goals fewer than in the previous season. That's a hell of a drop off and while the Milan game gave us some confidence in that area the Bayern and Arsenal games didn't.
But it was only a friendly and while the internationals will disrupt players working together, they won't stop Pellers being able to review the problems with his coaching team.
The excuses stop here though. Newcastle had a poor end to the season and haven't strengthened to the same degree as we have; anything other than three points will justify the wrist-slitting that will inevitably follow.

I do not have any concerns over yesterday,i'm quite confident arsenal will not beat us 3-1 in any competitive matches.

malg said:
PAUL3RGJ said:
3RGJ.......good Lord, how old are you?

:-)

I'm only 45, served with 3RGJ, Amalgamated 2RGJ & 5 Rifles

we should have be striking fear into our competitors not letting them think we arent all that. ive seen nothing this pre seaon which would suggest we have improved from last season.............................i hope to fuck im wrong......please , please please i couldnt take another season like last. the optimisim being trappled over by abject half arsed performances by players who couldnt be arsed and had no pride in the club or themselves.................sorry another uncalled for rant please excuse me, i know i need to get over it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.