City v Bristol City 1st leg post match

I would like their money and they are very well run now. So in that respect yes. The way they and a lot of their fans go about things though, no.
I always had a great respect for Rovers and didn't like City,for some strange reason,since the end of 70's

BCFC here, I did say the other day (on the pre match thread) that we wouldn’t park the bus. That was never going to happen, ok, we did in the last 15-20 mins, and quite possibly that was to our detriment.
Saying that, you had numerous chances and on another day could have been out of sight by then.
We had a fantastic afternoon/evening in your city, and every MCFC fan I spoke to was a good proper knowledgeable football fan.
A 2-1 defeat was far better than we expected, we just wanted the tie to be alive in the 2nd leg.
Ashton Gate will be rocking in two weeks time, so please try not to score to early!
All in all I just want to say your a class club with classy supporters, I don’t buy into anything regarding the lack of crowd numbers, as you have far bigger days to come in your season.
All the best in your next couple of games, but pick up a few injuries and come to Ashton Gate with a reserve side!
I promise you the 2nd leg won’t be for the feint hearted⚽
we do not take kindly to wishing injuries on our own or anybody elses players,its against forum rules

Watched the game. Bristol were certainly up for it, but I thought we started out well. For me, though, I’m struggling with all the farting about we do around the box. We have made the perfect tight pass the goal, instead of actually putting the ball on goal as soon as the opportunity arises. I’m not sure why attackers feel the need to make one more pass when they’re in the box, but it drives me mad!

Bravo inspires little confidence, because he appears to believe his skill is better than it is. Mangala has lost me. I’ve been in his corner as a decent back up, but he is a Nervous Nelly under any serious pressure and it is was his duty to foul that player that picked his pocket and take the yellow card for his mistake. Other teams are focusing their attacks on him, especially when he plays on the left of the two with a back up at LB. However, he didn’t take his yellow and put us under even greater pressure, leading to Stones making a rash challenge and a deadcert penalty. Poor all around. Like the guy, but simply not good enough for City going forward.

Silva still seems to be finding his feet....I hope! Other than a couple of crosses for goals, he has not contributed too much to the team. And, his “all left foot all the time” probably cost us a goal when the ball fell to his right foot from about 8-10 yards out!

Sané is an enigma. Brilliance followed by seeming lazy touches and lack of fight, followed by brilliance again! He has world class potential, and shows it in flashes. Needs to be a bit more consistent and not look quite as “can’t be arsed” every now and then.

We are a ridiculously strong TEAM, with an excellent 12-16. Beyond that, we drop off significantly and need to make sure the 17-20 are better quality, because in Britain you cannot get through a season without having about 3-4 guys on the injury list or with knocks that should be rested, not injected!

Some people think scraping through the first leg of a two legged SF is a bad thing. I think we have a “problem” only 4 teams in England are fortunate to have! That includes the noisy neighbors just outside Manchester, who didn’t manage to beat this same team.

That said, the 2nd leg will not be easy, but we go in with a 1-0 lead, and if we can not negotiate the 2nd leg, then Bristol City will be a deserved finalist.

I believe that BCFC comes here in peace...the tone of his post was positive and I honestly think the poster was just using the ‘injury’ theme as a sign of respect for our skills....
Willing injury on opponents is clearly out of order, but I think that those of you crying foul on this are failing to read the clear intention of subtle compliment here from BCFC......

Watched the game. Bristol were certainly up for it, but I thought we started out well. For me, though, I’m struggling with all the farting about we do around the box. We have made the perfect tight pass the goal, instead of actually putting the ball on goal as soon as the opportunity arises. I’m not sure why attackers feel the need to make one more pass when they’re in the box, but it drives me mad!

Bravo inspires little confidence, because he appears to believe his skill is better than it is. Mangala has lost me. I’ve been in his corner as a decent back up, but he is a Nervous Nelly under any serious pressure and it is was his duty to foul that player that picked his pocket and take the yellow card for his mistake. Other teams are focusing their attacks on him, especially when he plays on the left of the two with a back up at LB. However, he didn’t take his yellow and put us under even greater pressure, leading to Stones making a rash challenge and a deadcert penalty. Poor all around. Like the guy, but simply not good enough for City going forward.

Silva still seems to be finding his feet....I hope! Other than a couple of crosses for goals, he has not contributed too much to the team. And, his “all left foot all the time” probably cost us a goal when the ball fell to his right foot from about 8-10 yards out!

Sané is an enigma. Brilliance followed by seeming lazy touches and lack of fight, followed by brilliance again! He has world class potential, and shows it in flashes. Needs to be a bit more consistent and not look quite as “can’t be arsed” every now and then.

We are a ridiculously strong TEAM, with an excellent 12-16. Beyond that, we drop off significantly and need to make sure the 17-20 are better quality, because in Britain you cannot get through a season without having about 3-4 guys on the injury list or with knocks that should be rested, not injected!

Some people think scraping through the first leg of a two legged SF is a bad thing. I think we have a “problem” only 4 teams in England are fortunate to have! That includes the noisy neighbors just outside Manchester, who didn’t manage to beat this same team.

That said, the 2nd leg will not be easy, but we go in with a 1-0 lead, and if we can not negotiate the 2nd leg, then Bristol City will be a deserved finalist.
Grand post, CB. I always think that over a full game we have probably passed the ball 10% unnecessarily. It's not just in front of goal where we look for another pass that would make a chance a tap in or a pass into goal, but in midfield. We seem to have moments where, after five or six passes we are back where we started. It may be that the players have far more patience and certainly understand the game better than me, but I think that Bristol aren't gonna play any better than they did last night, whereas we can play a lot better. Just hope that the second leg is out of reach of both Bristol AND the ref!

Feel were gonna have to play a full strength side just in case in the 2nd leg.
Again we missed too many chances. Quite unbelievable really.

I believe that BCFC comes here in peace...the tone of his post was positive and I honestly think the poster was just using the ‘injury’ theme as a sign of respect for our skills....
Willing injury on opponents is clearly out of order, but I think that those of you crying foul on this are failing to read the clear intention of subtle compliment here from BCFC......
Your correct, there is no intention of me meaning ‘real’ injuries.
It was a meaning of your most influential players not 100% fit to play against us, or being saved for the next game etc.
I meant nothing sinister.

Nah mate, Sterling was hugging the sideline, see him in the top right of this pic just after Mangala lost possession

2rqoeab.png

Geometry not your forte?

They made some terrible mistakes last night, the kind we would usually punish, & got away with it.

But if it makes all he morons in the press & the 2nd rate coaches think they have stumbled onto a way to 'beat' City, which everyone can follow (even though they lost) it's all good for us when others try it & we bugger them severely.

Just watched the game again and there were errors across the side, some forced, too many unforced but I don't think it was a bad as this place makes out.

Bristol did press selectively and effectively at times but we cut them apart for our first goal by bypassing the press and then when they had the bus parked we tired them out and scored again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.