City Voice - Name the stand

She was there in the mid 60's, I was only a boy but I knew what I wanted to do with that fucking bell.

I agree, but the letter was from a woman called 'Mabel' who lived in Clayton, travelled home and away (including Europe) and questioned Helen's support. It just shows that fans have so many different views that it's impossible to please everyone. Mabel ended by saying "I can name a lot of number one City fans, but they don't like the limelight - we like our team to have all that." I guess, regardless of whether she was right or wrong about Helen, that line is appropriate for the naming of the South Stand. Let's keep it as the South Stand and give it its own unique identity.

If we have to rename the South Stand (and I don't think we should) how about the Gorton Stand or Gorton End - remembering our birth and also it is actually the end nearest Gorton (and you can see the old Fujitsu tower out of the back of the stand where our research shows our 1st pitch was, close to Thomas St and Clowes St)

(1) We are all agreed that the South Stand should definitely not be named after a fan/Cityzen for each PL home match.
(2) Whereas a number of names of former players have been suggested, there seems to be a consensus emerging that one individual player should not be singled out and the South Stand named after him as so many have contributed to the team and club in different ways during different eras. Furthermore choosing just one player creates divisions. Lets recognise former players through statues, mosaics,hospitality suites, bars, roadways within The Etihad Campus etc.
(3) Should the stand remain named as The South Stand ? Some think so, others not. The current name is not original,unique or have any special resonance. Nor does it yet have a particularly special identity. Half of it has been given over to away fans on a regular basis for PL games and the entire stand allocated to away fans for some Cup matches. It just happens to be one of 4 stands which were called North,South East and West for ease of reference when we moved from Maine Road to the City of Manchester Stadium.
(4) Adding a new third tier, reducing the band widths of the away allocation and expanding the `singing`
section along with added impetus from the 1894 Group,means that it is right to now consider if the stand can be given a real identity and with that,
a new name - a name which has meaning, not just a point on the compass, but relates to our history,our area,where we come from.
(5) I have thought about your suggestion of -`THE GORTON END` and it makes a lot of sense. It is growing on me more and more.
(6) I believe it is the right time to re-name The South Stand for the reasons stated.

Filled this Survey bollocks in today, i told them in no uncertain terms, that it is the worst idea i have ever fkn heard! Seriously who are these fkn idiots that come up with these ideas!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.