City Voice - Name the stand

Everyone sounds like we should return back to the 70's and dont touch or change a thing as change is bad. Why should the club even think about a creative idea or asking opinion. You're acting like spoilt children. The club is only canvassing opinion, I am sure they will take the majority view if people have been as obnoxiously rude and forceful in their views on the survey replies.

I think the south/east/north stand names need addressing. The difficulty in naming a stand is the finality of the whole thing, so it has to be something that really resonates with the club and fans.

The Mercer Allison stand (however we have areas of the campus already registered in their honour)
the Anna Connell Stand (the college is named in her honour)
Roberto Mancini End (maybe a bit raw yet for some club insiders)

TBH it could be a vote for a different payers name each year as far as I am concerned, its only a fecking name

the Anna Connell Stand (the college is named in her honour)
Roberto Mancini End (maybe a bit raw yet for some club insiders)

TBH it could be a vote for a different payers name each year as far as I am concerned, its only a fecking name

Probably best not to name it after someone who, evidence suggests, didn't directly play any part in the development of football (talking Anna Connell, not Mancini of course!). Have a read of for the latest research on that period (you can even read the relevant bit for free on the 'look inside' function).

I don't believe we should name stands after people as I explained earlier, but if it has to be a name and we want to recognise the club's formative years then it would have to be either Joshua Parlby (basically the man who made MCFC, though he was only one man of course!), Lawrence Furniss (a constant presence from Gorton in 1880s through to 1940s - he was our president when we won League for 1st time in 1937), or the Alexanders (a presence from 1894 to today).

If we named it after a keeper it would be a tough choice between Bert or Frank; personally I'd go for Frank Victor Swift

definitely " the Gorton end "

lets honour our roots.sounds great to me,like the song

we were born in Gorton ,we moved to Moss side

from there our name spread far and wide

everybody seen a sky blue shirt

from old aged men with hair like snow

to five year olds who beg to go

stood side by side,they watch their team with pride

and people ask you who you support

and you tell em and they don't why,,,,why ?

doesn't matter if we won or lost ,just as long as we tried

no man u or arsenal for me

its Bell Lee Summerbee

I'll be a kippax kid until the day I die

na naaa na nana na na,na nana na City !

Whilst I don't like the idea of naming it after fans and every game at that... I do like the idea it being named after someone special to club on an annual basis as a honour (or perhaps as an induction to a city hall of fame)

It's a progressive idea an allows us to provide a tribute to many names that have served the club

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.