City's Global Fanbase

Sadly, needs must!

However, when saying goodbye at the cockpit door, if anyone is wearing anything Man U related, I always tell them they are "lucky I didn't see that before takeoff, or you wouldn't have come!" Have even been at the gate and pointed out someone wearing a United top, and said loudly, "That fella over there with that red top on needs to change his shirt if he wants to get on. I'm a Man City fan and I won't allow it!" Usually gets a laugh, but have seen a concerned face or two!

I think I already told this one, but I met Gordon Brown and his bodyguard in SFO and when I mentioned City, he told his son, Alistair, to turn around...City sweatshirt! Good lad!

;-)
I have a City scarf hanging up in my local, last summer two tourists walked in with Rag tops on. The waitress told them she couldn't serve them until she talked with me. She bluffed a phone call and told them I said it was OK but they weren't to hang out and should be gone by the time I got there. They didn't stay too long

I have a City scarf hanging up in my local, last summer two tourists walked in with Rag tops on. The waitress told them she couldn't serve them until she talked with me. She bluffed a phone call and told them I said it was OK but they weren't to hang out and should be gone by the time I got there. They didn't stay too long
Classic! bd

Lucky bastards, you would've been riding them like Ned Beatty

City need to spend a bit on their website. In the internet age the web is crucial to a club with City's ambition for global domination In the grand scheme of things, the cost of having the best website would be trivial but the potential is vast, and for most foreign fans is a tangible link to the Etihad. In the not so distant future we could be challenging for the Intergalactic champions league..

Sadly, needs must!

However, when saying goodbye at the cockpit door, if anyone is wearing anything Man U related, I always tell them they are "lucky I didn't see that before takeoff, or you wouldn't have come!" Have even been at the gate and pointed out someone wearing a United top, and said loudly, "That fella over there with that red top on needs to change his shirt if he wants to get on. I'm a Man City fan and I won't allow it!" Usually gets a laugh, but have seen a concerned face or two!

I think I already told this one, but I met Gordon Brown and his bodyguard in SFO and when I mentioned City, he told his son, Alistair, to turn around...City sweatshirt! Good lad!

;-)

I've coached my soccer-playing daughter's team for several years.

The rule is made very clear on Day 1 of practice: no Utd garb allowed. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.